What's the point of having a personalised number plate?

i have a private plate and also a smug face, i paid just over£70 each for 3 plates back in the 90,s when dvla started releasing plates , all of them now are valued in excess of 20k, not a bad investment.:P
proper valuation or ...

- mates in the pub reckon 20k each

- something similar on a reg plate website is 20k, and its been for sale at 20k for the last 5 years (so really not valued correctly)

- something technically similar is for sale at 20k, but the plate message is totally different

- You simply like to think 20k, as its a good anecdote

If it is a genuine valuation that can push aside my cynism, then good on you

genuine valuation thanks! but really in the end its only worth what someone will pay so its immaterial until that time although i have turned down 20k for the one on my car, i like it i dont need to sell it, does it make me a poseur i dont know maybe! i dont care what others think.

genuine valuation thanks! but really in the end its only worth what someone will pay so its immaterial until that time although i have turned down 20k for the one on my car, i like it i dont need to sell it, does it make me a poseur i dont know maybe! i dont care what others think.

Is it C06K? Or BELL 3ND?

fair do's, cant fault you then

---------- Post added 16-01-2015 at 09:39 ----------

Is it C06K? Or BELL 3ND?
why be antagonistic? Have we not all indulged ourselves at some point?

My Bold

Then why have you got it?:huh: do you play pocket billiards when you look at it or something.

[/b]

My Bold

Then why have you got it?:huh: do you play pocket billiards when you look at it or something.

:hihi::hihi: no its so i can find it in a car park, a bit like a school name tag ok??? and i have the other half to do the pocket billiard thing:o

---------- Post added 16-01-2015 at 12:58 ----------

fair do's, cant fault you then

---------- Post added 16-01-2015 at 09:39 ----------

why be antagonistic? Have we not all indulged ourselves at some point?

jealousy rears its head in the strangest places:roll::roll: he has a history of it:hihi:

:hihi::hihi: no its so i can find it in a car park, a bit like a school name tag ok??? and i have the other half to do the pocket billiard thing:o

---------- Post added 16-01-2015 at 12:58 ----------

jealousy rears its head in the strangest places:roll::roll: he has a history of it:hihi:

its as good as any :hihi::hihi:

:hihi::hihi: no its so i can find it in a car park

What sort of person needs to use their registration plate in order to find their car in a car park.

I usually find remembering the make, model, colour and where I parked it key factors over registration.

Unless you're parking in a car park full of identical cars?

i have a private plate and also a smug face, i paid just over£70 each for 3 plates back in the 90,s when dvla started releasing plates , all of them now are valued in excess of 20k, not a bad investment.:P
Yes, its a good investment. But I'm still left wondering what sort of person pays 20k for a number plate just so that they can find their car in the car park?