Gordon Brown to be Leader of Labour?

Ok, don't jump on me. As this is merely a discussion. I've always liked Brown and thought he could have done a decent job over time.

Because of the Scottish vote, I'm told he did some great speeches and people could finally see his passion and his personality. (although I didn't see them)

Do you think he's should return as the new Labour leader? The one(s) we have at the moment do nothing for me.

Discuss.

Bring back Thatcher

Why is that? Because he made a complete cobblers of the job.

Totally agree. Some people have very short memories. The conservatives are still digging us out of the mess Brown got us into. Plus he robbed the private pension funds of millions like myself.

I was thinking more like Secretary of State for Scotland, if such a position will still exist in this brave new world.

I

Brown would not even have accepted that job when Labour were in opposition in the 80s and 90s. He would have been scared of being sidelined into the ghetto of Scottish politics like Donald Dewar was sidelined. There was nothing wrong with Brown's ambition to make it big in Westminster at all. He definitely did not want to get too deep in Scottish politics.

good campaign cameo by Brown but obviously there is no way he is going to get into Scottish politics now after trying to avoid it so assiduously previously. I would not be surprised if he has his share of local enemies either, jealous that he made it to be Chancellor and PM. There is no way he is going in there.

Archived