Sheffield Brew Fest @The Bath

jemson

Sounds pretty sweet. Just out of curiosity, why is there a Dutch named brewery called De Molen (The Mill) present?

Because they make amazing bottle conditioned beers! Hemel & Aarde, Winterhop and Bloed Zweet & Tranen are all big personal favourites of mine.

I will be interested to see what prices they charge though. I've seen De Molen beers priced reasonably and I've also seen them priced extortionately.

Sounds amazing, but how is all of that going to fit in the Bath and still leave room for some people?

Thanks for the positive feedback - I'm part of the Sheff Brew Fest team. Although this is a small-scale event at a limited capacity venue, the stillage, beers and festival bar actually only take up some space at the very back of the bar room. We're also removing some furniture elsewhere to maximise use of the remaining space.

However, due to the limitations of the venue we anticipate that at peak times we may only be able to admit people on a 'one in, one out' basis. On these occasions it may be necessary to either wait some time before entering the venue, or return to the festival at another time when it's less busy. We hope you will be understanding of this - and enjoy the festival!

We'll probably be there late Saturday afternoon (between 4 and 5), so if anyone is in at that time feel free to come over and say hello (we'll be carrying ice hockey shirts).

I'm liking the look of the Old Freddy Walker, I've had it 3 or 4 times and always enjoyed it. I'm surprised to see it listed as an old ale though, because I've seen it down as a porter in the past.

I'm also tempted by the Grateful Deaf......HOPS!!! :hihi:

Regards

Doom

We'll probably be there late Saturday afternoon (between 4 and 5), so if anyone is in at that time feel free to come over and say hello (we'll be carrying ice hockey shirts).

I'm liking the look of the Old Freddy Walker, I've had it 3 or 4 times and always enjoyed it. I'm surprised to see it listed as an old ale though, because I've seen it down as a porter in the past.

I'm also tempted by the Grateful Deaf......HOPS!!! :hihi:

Regards

Doom

OFW definitely a porter, not sure where old ale comes into it...

Wild Wildebeest top of my list of must do beers...