Sheffield Brew Fest @The Bath

jemson

We all have beards. It goes with the beer. I predict the Bath will reach maximum beard density tonight.

Sadly I have to get back to Barnsley so won't be staying too late, but if it's any good I will be back tomorrow rather than going to Huddersfield. There is also apparently a food and craft beer fair on Arundel Street (according to a flyer I picked up in Brewpuppy) which i want to walk past on the way to the station. Again if that is any good will give me a reason to return. If not, will have a quick one in the Rutty instead.

really? I'm on Arundel St right now and seen no sign of anything!

my beard is 100% laziness and 0% fashion statement...

really? I'm on Arundel St right now and seen no sign of anything!

my beard is 100% laziness and 0% fashion statement...

I know... I had my reservations too. I'm sure it said 5-10pm tonight and 2-10pm tomorrow. But then I was in Brewpuppy and I had just had a Capdog and a Russion Doll Double IPA so...

---------- Post added 03-10-2014 at 16:06 ----------

I know... I had my reservations too. I'm sure it said 5-10pm tonight and 2-10pm tomorrow. But then I was in Brewpuppy and I had just had a Capdog and a Russion Doll Double IPA so...

Oh and I simply assumed your beard was your qualification to brew beer? Surely no follically challenged individual ever brewed a decent pint? I am tempted to allow brewsters to be excluded from this statement but I suspect that secretly most of them have beards too...

---------- Post added 03-10-2014 at 16:07 ----------

I`ll be the beardy bloke. I oft wear black but tonight perhaps I shan`t!

No leeting the side down Jemmo. Tho remmeber we are only wearing black because we are coming straight from work... Or perhaps we aren't... ;c)

---------- Post added 03-10-2014 at 16:06 ----------

Oh and I simply assumed your beard was your qualification to brew beer? Surely no follically challenged individual ever brewed a decent pint? I am tempted to allow brewsters to be excluded from this statement but I suspect that secretly most of them have beards too...

---------- Post added 03-10-2014 at 16:07 ----------

No leeting the side down Jemmo. Tho remmeber we are only wearing black because we are coming straight from work... Or perhaps we aren't... ;c)

I'm only wearing black cos I can't find a darker colour (or afford clothes made of this http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/01/080122154610.htm )

beards aren't mandatory for brewers, you just don't get taken seriously if you don't have a full-on birds-nest job

funnily enough Russian Doll and Capdog are on my shopping list tonight...

We all have beards. It goes with the beer. I predict the Bath will reach maximum beard density tonight.

Sadly I have to get back to Barnsley so won't be staying too late, but if it's any good I will be back tomorrow rather than going to Huddersfield. There is also apparently a food and craft beer fair on Arundel Street (according to a flyer I picked up in Brewpuppy) which i want to walk past on the way to the station. Again if that is any good will give me a reason to return. If not, will have a quick one in the Rutty instead.

This will be the one I suspect.

Went in last night, was pleasantly surprised. Had a steel city grateful deaf (very good indeed), summer wine cirachi ipa (same again) and a summer wine mosaic ipa (not quite up there with the other 2). My only complaint was the same one I have at every beer festival, and that's the lack of proper conditioning. Cask beer just doesn't work as well if it's not properly conditioned and pulled, and you don't get that by just pouring it straight out the cask. But that aside, grand job, look forward to the next one.

Went in last night, was pleasantly surprised. Had a steel city grateful deaf (very good indeed), summer wine cirachi ipa (same again) and a summer wine mosaic ipa (not quite up there with the other 2). My only complaint was the same one I have at every beer festival, and that's the lack of proper conditioning. Cask beer just doesn't work as well if it's not properly conditioned and pulled, and you don't get that by just pouring it straight out the cask. But that aside, grand job, look forward to the next one.

I enjoyed it too (will blog it soon, I reckon) but I preferred the Pith Head (Magic Rock) and the Siren. I like beer straight from cask, certainly the hoppy ones anyway although, inevitably, they were possibly a tad warm in the Bath last night.

I enjoyed it too (will blog it soon, I reckon) but I preferred the Pith Head (Magic Rock) and the Siren. I like beer straight from cask, certainly the hoppy ones anyway although, inevitably, they were possibly a tad warm in the Bath last night.

Shame I missed the Siren. I'm loving their beers at the moment.

There is no reason why it shouldn't be properly conditioned served on gravity as long as the cask has been kept cool and been maintained to proper cellar standards in terms of venting/pegging etc. Of course you won't get the same head as a beer on handpump with a sparkler but there should be a natural sparkle.