Any tech people relate to this?

Waldo

Isn't there a 'what we can realistically have' results step in there too?

Actually there should be a sequel to this video, of the project being handed to the tech department. We could then have the engineers in an escalating conversation of who's more knowledgeable and whose pens are more suitable (fashionable?) for drawing the lines.

Its all just part of the process, I often find that if you can figure out what they really want and show them, the means to make it happen will often be found.

Some years ago, I worked for a large FTSE100 company with multiple layers of management. After years of frustration as a junior manager, it became obvious to me what the solution was: talk directly to the guy at the top who made the decisions. This worked a treat and meant I ran a really successful outfit, but, it didn't go down at all well with my boss, his boss and every two bit jobsworth inbetween. I guess, in a nutshell, this is why modern structures like the NHS just don't work. The decision makers are simply too remote from what really needs to be done. That is achieved by direct 1:1 conversations.

Archived