Looking for dead animals, any idea where to get them?

I hope you meant a deceased magpie!

Sorry to be picky!

Haha, no I meant diseased! She was still alive but horribly sick, I took her home to try and give her some water to see if that would help but alas, she keeled over and then became deceased. Possibly was hit by a car as her wing was broken. Poor thing :(

---------- Post added 22-09-2014 at 13:18 ----------

If you take Ringinglow road out, past higger tor and down into hathersage, there's frequent roadkill (badgers, foxes) along there. Coming in to Hope from Sickleholm, there's a dead crow on the right before you get to Hope station that's been there about 4-5 days. I ran over a weasel :( coming down from the back of Higger Tor a few months ago.

There's also pheasant and grouse, rabbits and I think I once saw a dead mink.

It's a bit grim really.

Thanks! I don't have a car so tend to bicycle around, might head down there and have a look at some point. A badger or fox would be amazing.

Just out of curiosity you mention you don't have a car? If you actually stumbled across a dead badger how on earth would you get it to where you want it? I mean it's not something that will just slip in your rucksack whilst you cycle???

Ha why not?? I have a rack on the back of my bicycle I can put stuff on, but as long as I popped it in a trash bag first, I'd just put it in my rucksack. Heck, I've carried a dead fox for 2 km in my bare hands before.

....I may not be a normal person.