Mass shootings in America

45 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

I've no doubt it will be white supremacists as apparently according to Biden they pose the biggest terrorism threat.

They haven't given a motive officially but a source has said it looks like an argument that turned violent, not terrorism related

3 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

I've no doubt it will be white supremacists as apparently according to Biden they pose the biggest terrorism threat.

That's because they are.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/far-right-violence-a-growing-threat-and-law-enforcements-top-domestic-terrorism-concern

'The Proud Boys played a critical part in carrying out the Jan. 6 attack, but the group is just one part of a trend of increased white supremacist and far-right violence. Top U.S. law enforcement officials say those extremist movements are the biggest domestic terrorism threat facing the country.'

11 hours ago, melthebell said:

There's been another in Kansas city during the super bowl parade, 1 dead, 21 injured. 3 arrested so far

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-68248172

I await with baited breath for The Daddy's expert analysis on the motive, race and gender of the perpetrators

Why? Are hoping they are straight white men?

Hmmmm, maybe they are but then again maybe they Aren't . 

The chief of police has said that people should be able to expect to be safe at events like this. In a state where there is no ban on assault weapons, there are no background checks for gun ownership and you can have a gun even if you've been convicted of a violent crime, why should people be able to expect that?

Al-Qaeda needn't have bothered, the Americans are perfectly capable of terrorising themselves.

4 minutes ago, cressida said:

Well I can't see guns being banned but maybe they should have to buy traceable bullets from a police store.

Think it was the very funny Chris Rock that said every bullet should cost 1 thousand dollars . Then people might think before they shoot . 

3 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Think it was the very funny Chris Rock that said every bullet should cost 1 thousand dollars . Then people might think before they shoot . 

Most of them 'think' later.