Who Is Your Favourite Dark Age Briton?

@AliceBB, you get the point! Agreed with Beowulf as well!

Thank you :)

@donotremove : it is not necessary to be a psychic to to be able to conclude with some justification, on the basis of what you said (or did not say), that someone - in this case, you - did not 'get' the point. Technically I suppose what we are saying is that you did not show that you got it, but in life generally that goes without saying, does it not? Otherwise all you would need to do to get a grade A in A level Critical Thinking or Abrasive Wheel Safety is say, 'Well, I understood it in my head. I just wasn't able to demonstrate to anyone else that I did'. :rolleyes:

Thank you :)

@donotremove : it is not necessary to be a psychic to to be able to conclude with some justification, on the basis of what you said (or did not say), that someone - in this case, you - did not 'get' the point. Technically I suppose what we are saying is that you did not show that you got it, but in life generally that goes without saying, does it not? Otherwise all you would need to do to get a grade A in A level Critical Thinking or Abrasive Wheel Safety is say, 'Well, I understood it in my head. I just wasn't able to demonstrate to anyone else that I did'. :rolleyes:

Er...right, OK...

Now you've just confused him even more...

Bruce Forsyth was still doing pretty well back in the dark ages, just starting to make a name for himself. Had a few shows he'd perform for the King; Play your Guards Right, Strictly come Jousting, The price is Knight.

Status Quo were on their second farewell tour too.

really the major British nationalists historically were either Boudicca, or Caradoc however as they were both against the Roman invaders and colonisation during an era most people would not class as the Dark Ages, they do not count.

really the major British nationalists historically were either Boudicca, or Caradoc however as they were both against the Roman invaders and colonisation during an era most people would not class as the Dark Ages, they do not count.

That's because the Dark Age was between 450AD to 1066AD, after the Romans. Basically ancient Brits, Celts, Saxons, Jews and Vikings and probably a few traders

depends really doesn't it what you think the Dark Ages were. If you were an old school Brit, you would think the Roman conquest, the first of the few organised foreign conquests of Britain, was the worst Dark Age ever.

Archived