Ed Balls Calculator

geared

I'm glad theres a thread about Balls

I've been thinking about this minimum wage thing.

£8 by 2020, with rate of inflation will that be any better than it is now relatively? Also if it was just left growing as is at moment wouldn't it be about £8 anyway?

Showing off whilst actually giving us nothing, does he think we're idots?

No it isn't. "Vaugely" is.

:P Gonna have to type a bit more because it says :P isn't enough characters ... but :P anyway

---------- Post added 24-09-2014 at 19:53 ----------

£8 by 2020, with rate of inflation will that be any better than it is now relatively? Also if it was just left growing as is at moment wouldn't it be about £8 anyway?

should be put under the all labour thread actually

Where can you purchase such an item? because it seems fantastic :hihi::hihi::hihi:

I know Labour have gone abit potty of late, but even by their standards the recent announcement of their proposed budget is pretty bonkers.

Obviously it looks pretty awesome, but where does he intend to get all the money for this from??

I wonder if the Lib Dems and Torys will respond with something just as odd??

Maybe he is using one of these :hihi:

Maybe he is using one of these :hihi:

I think they are claiming all this will be funded by a mansion tax on houses worth more than £2 million.

Unfortunately I suspect such a tax will rake in very little for Grasping Ed. The problem is that with a bit of timber and plasterboard to make stud walls a £3 million house quickly becomes a pair of £1.5 million flats. Its always handy to have a spare flat in case you have visitors.

Yes and there will be some.

The crash wasn't Labours fault, not at all.

Don't forget tho that the government had been borrowing well beyond it's means for many years, putting us in a bad position when the wheels did eventually fall off the wagon.

If the Labour government hadn't been borrowing so much damn money we wouldn't have had to suffer such harsh austerity measures to get the debt mountain under control.

Maybe that's why the tories borrowed more money in 2.5 years of government than Labour did in 13 years then?

In fact, again and I'm getting fed up of saying this, Labour have only ever left office twice with a higher national debt as a percentage of GDP than they inherited when coming into office. Both of those times were after the two worst global economic crashes ever i.e. 1931 and 2010

---------- Post added 25-09-2014 at 07:46 ----------

I think they are claiming all this will be funded by a mansion tax on houses worth more than £2 million.

Unfortunately I suspect such a tax will rake in very little for Grasping Ed.

Won't hurt people then will it and it will still bring in money, so might as well go ahead with it

Vaughely is the correct word.

You mean the global economic crash on 2008, which wasn't Labour's fault? No matter hard you push that line it can't stick. I've put a note in your exercise book. It says see me

It was Labours fault that it affected this country so badly whereas some other countries were barely affected at all. Labour were spending more than they had coming in throughout the boom period, and they were happy to import immigrants to do jobs that our own unemployed could have been doing. You can't be the government of a country and blame someone else for everything that goes wrong while simultaneously taking credit for everything that went right. It can't have been Labour's boom but someone else's bust.

It was Labours fault that it affected this country so badly whereas some other countries were barely affected at all. Labour were spending more than they had coming in throughout the boom period, and they were happy to import immigrants to do jobs that our own unemployed could have been doing. You can't be the government of a country and blame someone else for everything that goes wrong while simultaneously taking credit for everything that went right. It can't have been Labour's boom but someone else's bust.

Wrong on all accounts. You're only crying because you can't accept the truth

Archived