Aggressive Drivers in Sheffield who honk

Radomu

Trying to be more careful is something that I've been doing, but it's hard to just walk when you can't trust which direction a car is intending to go to.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

If you are in a situation where they have to legally indicate their direction to turn and they hit you while not indicating you can go to a lawyer. One little bump can cause major permanent injuries.

Just make sure your friend was filming it on his phone.

Sheffield has many places where a pedestrian has no way of telling what the car trafic lights are set on and there are no pedestrian lights to help.

What can you do??? Other than try to be careful but even then they come racing at you.

With respect to who has right of way when crossing roads at junctions, my understanding is that if the pedestrian arrives first and has started crossing, then the driver should give way. As a driver (and pedestrian) I do my best to respect this, but I agree that many don't!

However, I do have to join in with those who have commented about the clueless behaviour of many students, particularly in the Broomhill/Crookesmoor area who seem to blindly wander into the road in the path of oncoming traffic. It's only a matter of time before someone gets seriously hurt.

Many drivers are too lazy or indifferent to indicate to other motorists let alone pedestrians, and hardly any are aware that pedestrians have the right of way when the driver is turning from a major to a minor road. A lot of people go power mad when they get behind a wheel maybe in compensation for their powerlessness otherwise. Stay safe.

To be fair I only get honked at about two or three times in a year.

Because I am ever so careful to avoid this from happening, it is my own effort to not get honked at.

When it does happen it only happens because the driver is antisocial.

Then I stop and refuse to move until I have had a word with them how dangerous they are driving and this could cause me to have a seizure.

Edited by dutch

If you are in a situation where they have to legally indicate their direction to turn and they hit you while not indicating you can go to a lawyer. One little bump can cause major permanent injuries.

Just make sure your friend was filming it on his phone.

Sheffield has many places where a pedestrian has no way of telling what the car trafic lights are set on and there are no pedestrian lights to help.

What can you do??? Other than try to be careful but even then they come racing at you.

I know its over some peoples head but.....Find somewhere SAFE!

With respect to who has right of way when crossing roads at junctions, my understanding is that if the pedestrian arrives first and has started crossing, then the driver should give way. As a driver (and pedestrian) I do my best to respect this, but I agree that many don't!

However, I do have to join in with those who have commented about the clueless behaviour of many students, particularly in the Broomhill/Crookesmoor area who seem to blindly wander into the road in the path of oncoming traffic. It's only a matter of time before someone gets seriously hurt.

It's introweek now and every year at this period new students get injured. So people are actually getting seriously hurt.

Many are actually foreign students from the elsewhere in the world that haven't adjusted to the fact that cars drive on the left hand side of the road.

---------- Post added 25-09-2014 at 18:56 ----------

It is perfectly legitimate to honk your horn in order to warn someone of your approach. Perhaps you perceive it as aggression incorrectly.

Really? So drivers indicate that they are approaching to a pedestrian instead of telling them to "get out of the way", even if the pedestrian is probably more legitimate in crossing the road first?

I would think that the driver should stop and let them walk when that's the case. I don't understand why this idea that cars should WAIT for people to get out of the way is outrageous for some people.

---------- Post added 25-09-2014 at 18:58 ----------

I know its over some peoples head but.....Find somewhere SAFE!

Regardless of my feelings towards some drivers here, I do recognize that Sheffield is actually one of the safest cities out there in terms of traffic accidents.

Edited by Radomu