Sheffield history forum ..anyone there?

OK thanx...I'll thumb twizzel a bit

---------- Post added 23-09-2014 at 18:39 ----------

In fact I got a reply asking me for user name so they could check..when I tried to reply it said ..you must have posted 5 times on the forum to reply !!!!!

Can you make this up !!??

OK thanx...I'll thumb twizzel a bit

---------- Post added 23-09-2014 at 18:39 ----------

In fact I got a reply asking me for user name so they could check..when I tried to reply it said ..you must have posted 5 times on the forum to reply !!!!!

Can you make this up !!??

It is quite common for Forums to restrict the ability to send private messages until a number of posts have been made. I assume the limit on here is 5, so you will have to make 2 more posts before you reply to a PM.

As far as I am aware there is no restriction on private messaging on Sheffield History, but is a long time since I joined that site.

Edited by Library

Is the Sheffield History forum running or closed ..I've recently joined but am getting no response to anything ...I'm not allowed to post or anything... I joined a few days ago and there's no reply to mail or anything.

Are you referring to

V The site in my signature V ...?

I think that one of the problems with having so many separate forums within Sheffield Forum is that some of them run incredibly slowly due to lack of 'footfall.'

People tend not to happen upon them and contribute.

Can I suggest abbey-road joins in some of the other discussions as well.

Edited by Anna B

Thanx for help...but no joy at all. Someone posted a query regarding information about his dead father. I have that information but the site won't allow me to contact him . Pretty bad.

As I said earlier there is currently a problem with the validation process on Sheffield History Forum.

I can make enquiries on that forum if you let me know the username you have registered with on Sheffield History. As you cannot reply to my PM on here until you have made 5 posts I suggest you either make another post on here so you can send a PM, or you just put that username on here. Until I know that username I cannot help.

Mod Note

I think that one of the problems with having so many separate forums within Sheffield Forum is that some of them run incredibly slowly due to lack of 'footfall.'

People tend not to happen upon them and contribute.

Can I suggest abbey-road joins in some of the other discussions as well.

"Sheffield History Forum" isn't part of this forum and I can't tell you anything about any issues on it.

If the OP is referring to "Sheffield History & Expats", which is quite a lively section of this forum, then the fact that they can post this thread will mean that they can post there too.

They need to make one more post on here before they can respond to any PM's from our users though