Sir Richard Branson

Sounds fair enough to me. :thumbsup:

Same for me... you work hard, then you get to play hard.

Obviously this type of plan cant be rolled out for every job out there, but most office jobs that are mon-fri 9-5 (generally) could roll out this type of plan without affecting much of the infrastructure.

This type of program has other benefits as well.

A friend of mine works for a large search engine and whens he went on her honeymoon she and her hubby (who works at a social network) both took a year off travelling across south america working with charities. For that kind of time, they both did need to make sure they werent needed on projects with their employers, but it was something they could do.

When she was pregnant was able to take two years maternity leave thanks to it as well. though now that shes back to work, shes working twelve hour days most of the time, luckily her hubby gets work from home most days, so for them childcare costs isnt really a factor.

Same for me... you work hard, then you get to play hard.

Obviously this type of plan cant be rolled out for every job out there, but most office jobs that are mon-fri 9-5 (generally) could roll out this type of plan without affecting much of the infrastructure.

This type of program has other benefits as well.

A friend of mine works for a large search engine and whens he went on her honeymoon she and her hubby (who works at a social network) both took a year off travelling across south america working with charities. For that kind of time, they both did need to make sure they werent needed on projects with their employers, but it was something they could do.

When she was pregnant was able to take two years maternity leave thanks to it as well. though now that shes back to work, shes working twelve hour days most of the time, luckily her hubby gets work from home most days, so for them childcare costs isnt really a factor.

Go to a large call centre and announce this on a Monday morning in front of the nearest exit. Once you've regained consciousness and use of your limbs, tell me how many call centre workers are there. Or at a bank or shop. This is reserved I think for places like google and Facebook and that sort of thing, not you're average office, particularly those who deal with the public.

Go to a large call centre and announce this on a Monday morning in front of the nearest exit. Once you've regained consciousness and use of your limbs, tell me how many call centre workers are there. Or at a bank or shop. This is reserved I think for places like google and Facebook and that sort of thing, not you're average office, particularly those who deal with the public.

As a former call centre monkey, I know it wouldnt work for them - hence I said normal mon-fri 9-5 office work. Admins, accountants, etcs...

True, what so its like task based or something?

No.. just asking you to give more of yourself at work... It would be a more high pressured or competitive environment to be in though.. You would be contracted say 9-5 but actually expected to be there to at least 6 or later in the evening.

Archived