Would this be a police matter? If not, why not?

Waldo

Was it GLASGOWOODS with it being in Scotland? ... if so, I've thought he'd sort the matter out himself. ;)

Actually, if the guy didn't like it, it should be a police matter in my opinion ... as someone else said, look at what's happened to the hairy cornflake. Same rule should apply all round.

Personally I don't see the gender of the victim making any difference, if they don't give consent then it's assault in my book.

Sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.

This.

If the police laugh and ignore the complaint, because he is a man in a kilt, then they are exhibiting the same sort of backward thinking that was employed by the police when they laughed off and ignored the victims of Jimmy Savile, because he was a celebrity.

Was it GLASGOWOODS with it being in Scotland? ... if so, I've thought he'd sort the matter out himself. ;)

Actually, if the guy didn't like it, it should be a police matter in my opinion ... as someone else said, look at what's happened to the hairy cornflake. Same rule should apply all round.

Haha!

As you know Alcoblog my missus is part of Glasgows CSI. So if I reported it, there's a good chance she would get called oot to poke, prod and swab my particulars. Followed by a smash in the teeth for wearing her skirt.:P

On a more serious note. The Police should've take the guy more seriously.

Yes. Idealistically, we would have gender equality.

However, in practical terms, in terms of what's socially acceptable, and what isn't. I think perhaps, we are less serious about sexual assault (groping) of men, than we are of women.

---------- Post added 25-09-2014 at 19:00 ----------

On a more serious note. The Police should've take the guy more seriously.

I'll just stress, in case I'm inadvertantly misleading anyone, this is a hypothetical scenario. It's something that was mentioned on TV this morning...

Yes. Idealistically, we would have gender equality.

However, in practical terms, in terms of what's socially acceptable, and what isn't. I think perhaps, we are less serious about sexual assault (groping) of men, than we are of women.

---------- Post added 25-09-2014 at 19:00 ----------

I'll just stress, in case I'm inadvertantly misleading anyone, this is a hypothetical scenario. It's something that was mentioned on TV this morning...

Ah right!

I will ask my partner if she's ever had to deal with this kind of assault in her career.

This.

If the police laugh and ignore the complaint, because he is a man in a kilt, then they are exhibiting the same sort of backward thinking that was employed by the police when they laughed off and ignored the victims of Jimmy Savile, because he was a celebrity.

It was a hypothetical scenario.

Ah right!

I will ask my partner if she's ever had to deal with this kind of assault in her career.

Surely, your missus would only know the answer to this if the kilt wearing man took pretty violent measures to avoid being touched up ... probably with a claymore or something along those lines? :P

Archived