Would this be a police matter? If not, why not?

Waldo

So, it's more a question of are there double standards? ?

Very true.

On reflection then, after further consideration, I conclude that the victim knew that he was putting himself at risk of sexual advances, choosing to dress in such a provocative manner, like giving the women 'the green light', and setting himself up as a 'honey trap'. I conclude from this that he must be promiscuous and therefore has to take at least part of the responsibility for his own status of victim, and furthermore, in fact, the police should perhaps have arrested him.

Ha. Very good Mr Bloom! Not quite the specific double standards I was considering, but a valid point still.

This willl teach me not to be so obtuse when making my point in future. Noone has given an opinion on my suggestion that light sexual assault of males by females is viewed less seriously by society...

Ha. Very good Mr Bloom! Not quite the specific double standards I was considering, but a valid point still.

This willl teach me not to be so obtuse when making my point in future. Noone has given an opinion on my suggestion that light sexual assault of males by females is viewed less seriously by society...

You do make a fair point though. I should think because of the mindset of our society the incidences of men reporting sexual assault where women are the perpetrators are very low, even though it's something I do see. I suppose it's similarly low when the perpetrators are males. Like with any nature of assault, I think also there is a 'bravado' amongst men and they feel like they are less than 'manly' if they can't deal with an attack/assault themselves, which is crazy.

From something on the TV this morning...

Imagine a person being accosted in Glasgow city center on a Friday night, by members of the opposite sex. Now, this person was the target of lewd remarks, had their bottom pinched, hands put up their skirt to check they had underwear on, inappropriate touching etc etc.

Later on, they call the police, only to be told it's not a police matter!

Should it be a police matter?

I assume it's a bloke wearing a kilt.

Not that that should make any difference. It's sexual assault whichever way around it happens.

Archived