No fee no win solicitors-any experience?

That is a no win no fee service.

If you don't win there's no fee.

If you win, there is.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

---------- Post added 02-10-2014 at 19:03 ----------

I misunderstood sorry.

The alternative is legal expense funding. It then depends on your insurer and the agreement they have with their panel firms

Thanks. I don't think l explained it very well. I meant a success fee on top of the hourly fee.

Thanks. I don't think l explained it very well. I meant a success fee on top of the hourly fee.

It depends on your insurer. If you have legal expense insurance on your house or car policy give them a call. They should tell you.

No firm should charge you an hourly rate though. It's just not in your best interests. It should either be legal expense funded or CFA.

Hi. Does anyone have any experience or advice regarding using a no win no fee solicitor versus using a 'regular' solicitor? This is for a road traffic accident. The insurance company have passed it onto their no win no fee solicitor.

Just researching the benefits of each type and wondered if anyone had any advice. Thanks!

A relative had a bad experience with a "no win no fee solicitor" The solicitor she used was very poor at keeping her informed and did very little work over two years . After two years the solicitor said they no longer were prepared to take the case on "a no win no fee " basis because they thought they could not win the case . Over the two years the solicitor never challenged the letters the defendants ( a supermarket) sent to them . Sometimes a claimant has to pay an insurance fee to cover the cost of legal work . Once a " No win no fee " solicitor has dropped the case it may be well into the third year after an accident and it can be very hard and costly finding a regular solicitor to sort out the mess " the no win no fee " solicitor has left you in .

My advice is to seek a regular solicitor who will not string you along . The greedy solicitors led to the Government stopping Legal Aid previously available to genuine accident victims .

My advice is to seek a regular solicitor who will not string you along . The greedy solicitors led to the Government stopping Legal Aid previously available to genuine accident victims .

What's a regular solicitor? I'm a solicitor and don't understand what you're referring to.

What's a regular solicitor? I'm a solicitor and don't understand what you're referring to.

A typical question from an over paid solicitor . The original poster used the term "regular" solicitor . I knew what they meant and used the same term in reply to their post . I suspect you also know what they mean as well .

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moosey

A typical question from an over paid solicitor . The original poster used the term "regular" solicitor . I knew what they meant and used the same term in reply to their post . I suspect you also know what they mean as well .

I'm not being difficult at all and you quite possibly earn more than me.

What's a regular solicitor? I've explained that no win no fee is a type of funding and that there are alternative types. I've also explained that all solicitors deal with both types of funding so I've no idea what you mean I'm afraid.

Hi. Does anyone have any experience or advice regarding using a no win no fee solicitor versus using a 'regular' solicitor? This is for a road traffic accident. The insurance company have passed it onto their no win no fee solicitor.

Just researching the benefits of each type and wondered if anyone had any advice. Thanks!

With no win no fee, You will receive about 10% of the overall payout if you are lucky. You will be deducted for x amount of letters they sent on your behalf etc. Don't expect more than 10% of the winning overall total.

With no win no fee, You will receive about 10% of the overall payout if you are lucky. You will be deducted for x amount of letters they sent on your behalf etc. Don't expect more than 10% of the winning overall total.

Apart from the legal limit being a maximum deduction of 25 percent.

Apart from the legal limit being a maximum deduction of 25 percent.

NOT True!!

---------- Post added 03-10-2014 at 23:04 ----------

The overall bill will have the client with no more than 10% . Overall.

---------- Post added 03-10-2014 at 23:08 ----------

25 percent of the winning value of money excluding letters sent ETC. Like I said 10%