Fentemans ginger beer

these stone bottles had a alstation on the front. i think it was made in sheffield (ginger beer) we had about six of the stone bottles at my grandmothers which were kept for the sole use of hot water bottles. the came round every sat morning on the wybourn selling it im sure the ginger beer cost a tanner & the deposit was 2 shillings

anyone recall fentemans ginger beer it used be sold in stone bottles which were used as hot water bottles after the ginger beer had been drunk ithink the deposit was more than the ginger beer

Hiya pk,

Fentimans Ginger beer was actually brewed on Bromley Street until the early sixties. Bromley St ran down the side of Crookesmoor recreation grounds, lovingly remembered as being called the "Tip" when I was a lad. It's now known as the Ponderosa. No doubt you will have more replies to your post from the ex Crookesmoor Pupils.

When we bought it the stone jars had a deposit of 1shilling and threpence (old money). It was a smashing brew.!!!

:)

anyone recall fentemans ginger beer it used be sold in stone bottles which were used as hot water bottles after the ginger beer had been drunk ithink the deposit was more than the ginger beer

is this the brand you mean http://www.botanically-brewed-soft-drinks.co.uk/gallery.php ?:huh:

you cant get it in the stone bottles any more but its dam tasty in the new up dated glass bottles

bugger you beat me to it

We had Fentimen's delivered to the door when we moved onto the Shirecliffe estate in 1955, bloody beautiful, I kept getting in trouble as I had a swig out of the stone bottle every time I went into the pantry.

Archived