Advice on weight training and cardio training

KieronJMW

Hi Kieron - I guess we are opposites in some ways. We both seem to be bigger than average but you have good strength and I have good cardio. It's a constant disappointment to me that I'm not stronger.

Give the rower a go.

It will maintain strength and do wonders for your cardio.

An enthusiasm of mine is 'www.nonathlon.com'.

Its an indoor rower website for the Concept2 machine. You can do 1 of the categories or all 10 (9 to count). Point's out of 1,000 are awarded for each distance. My scores get better as the distances get longer. I need lots more 'grunt' at the 500 metres distance.

Rowing will break up other regular sessions and give you a check on how you're doing. The website will give you a focus, its cross all age groups, cross sexes and in two weight categories - a real comparison of fitness.

B.T.W. - My 1:45:00 time for 500 metres scores me 796 points and I need a half second improvement to get into the 800's. Maybe today!

• 2 weeks later...

I just want to say thanks for everything everyone has said about my post, I'm late on starting but I'll be starting to tomorrow. Just lacking on motivation right now, but again thanks for everyone bringing their input into what I said!

If you're looking at losing weight whilst getting stronger and fitter. Come down and try Don Valley CrossFit.

We've had guys lose multiple stones who are now able to climb ropes, do handstands aswell as deadlift over double body weight

Drop me a message for more info