Greatest Living Yorkshireman (or Woman)

You're judging him from his advert appearances. :roll:

Though inclined to be rather eccentric, he's a very good and well respected actor with a strong sense of adventure.

For a coal miners son from Barnsley, he hasn't done too bad for himself at all.

The folks of Mexbrough might not be happy for the Blessed Brian was born there not Barnsley.

As for Boycott, I know several people who have met him and not one had any time for him. Obnoxious man by all accounts, and I don't believe him when he says he didn't hit a woman.

I can see why people who have met him don't like the chap.

My Brother once went to a game at Scarborough and as Boycott came off after a long day in the field a young lad went up and asked him for his autograph......Boycott told him to [insert expletive] off!! :hihi:

Whilst I know he's a very difficult and arrogant individual, that doesn't mean he hits women. His long time partner and other women he's been involved with have all said he's not that sort of person and I believe them.

Regards

Doom

---------- Post added 03-10-2014 at 08:11 ----------

Wow, I have never heard a Yorkshire person refer to the triv pieces as "cheeses", like I do. Most I have heard call it the "Art and Literature slice of cake!"

My faith in Yorkshire folk is restored. I nominate Doom for greatest Living Yorkshireman.

Saturday night used to be the battle of the "cheeses" for me and my mate.

A few pints of very cloudy looking home brew and a couple of games of Triv....Happy days! :hihi:

Regards

Doom

---------- Post added 03-10-2014 at 08:17 ----------

The problem with putting 'or woman' in brackets in the thread title is that people assume it is to be ignored. Hence the one female nomination, compared with all the male ones.

I'm struggling to think of any women I'd put in the list, but my passion is mainly sport, so it's nearly all sports people I can think of and that's generally men (sorry Jess :hihi:).

Of those who have past away, what about Charlie Williams?

Regards

Doom

Haven't you seen any of his (Brian Blessed's) adverts? He just shouts and acts like a prat.

so did Orson Welles, in his adverts. Actors like Blessed are paid good money, to shout and act like prats, in adverts.

I can see why people who have met him don't like the chap.

My Brother once went to a game at Scarborough and as Boycott came off after a long day in the field a young lad went up and asked him for his autograph......Boycott told him to [insert expletive] off!! :hihi:

Whilst I know he's a very difficult and arrogant individual, that doesn't mean he hits women. His long time partner and other women he's been involved with have all said he's not that sort of person and I believe them.

Regards

Doom

---------- Post added 03-10-2014 at 08:11 ----------

Saturday night used to be the battle of the "cheeses" for me and my mate.

A few pints of very cloudy looking home brew and a couple of games of Triv....Happy days! :hihi:

Regards

Doom

---------- Post added 03-10-2014 at 08:17 ----------

I'm struggling to think of any women I'd put in the list, but my passion is mainly sport, so it's nearly all sports people I can think of and that's generally men (sorry Jess :hihi:).

Of those who have past away, what about Charlie Williams?

Regards

Doom

Charlie Williams, classic, Shurrup ors I'll come and live next door to thi :hihi: