Doh! Of the day, Banksy 'racist' mural removed by Clacton council

It wasn't who painted it that made it satire... I'll come back again to saying "do you actually know what satire is?" Which I think you answered before by asking "Is everybody?"

Whether or not everybody is aware of what satire is doesn't actually answer the question as to whether you are...

---------- Post added 03-10-2014 at 12:24 ----------

Because it depicts a bunch of pigeons holding up a placard. :huh:

So as in the example I proffered earlier, Miss X the new immigrant from Africa, do you think she would read it as tongue in cheek or be offended?

Well done luv, obviously you're too wrapped up in your own intellect and have descended in to shady name calling, sorry who's childish!

What name did he call you?

---------- Post added 03-10-2014 at 12:31 ----------

What gets me is it was classed as racist and offensive but if they'd known it was a "Banksy" then that'd make a difference!

Going back to your first post on this topic.

No, if they understood that it was satire than that would have made a difference. The artist was irrelevant.

But it did sort of say that being anti immigration makes you racist, not necessarily true! So I can see why some were offended by it...

And I don't think it did (sort of) say that.

whereas Banksy probably just flew in on his private jet to make headlines... and money...

How exactly would Banksy make money out of it? He doesn't get paid for it.

---------- Post added 03-10-2014 at 12:33 ----------

Yawn, inference !

He inferred a name?

Two questions, only one comment.

"He doesn't get paid for it".

Do you disagree, do you think someone commissioned the art on the wall?

Credit for it, self promotion and then through commission. But maybe he did get paid to do it, what you think?