Doh! Of the day, Banksy 'racist' mural removed by Clacton council

The work was clearly satirical and clearly politically motivated.

I agree with the council who have said they are damned if they do and damned if they don't. The fact is that if you make an exception for one person to express their social and political opinions through graffiti then you have to allow others the same freedom of speech... which would result in a right old mess.

Perhaps Banksy should buy the next wall he paints on?

The work was clearly satirical and clearly politically motivated.

I agree with the council who have said they are damned if they do and damned if they don't. The fact is that if you make an exception for one person to express their social and political opinions through graffiti then you have to allow others the same freedom of speech... which would result in a right old mess.

Perhaps Banksy should buy the next wall he paints on?

How is it "clearly" satirical? Its on a toilet wall not in a newspaper next to an article about immigration or on a comedy show, etc...

How is it "clearly" satirical? Its on a toilet wall not in a newspaper next to an article about immigration or on a comedy show, etc...

Think about the context of where it is and what is about to happen i.e. we have a by-election next week that UKIP are odds-on to win. Do you think he was sending a message of support and solidarity for UKIP and their supporters or do you think he was sending a message that he thinks they are racist?

Think about the context of where it is and what is about to happen i.e. we have a by-election next week that UKIP are odds-on to win. Do you think he was sending a message of support and solidarity for UKIP and their supporters or do you think he was sending a message that he thinks they are racist?

Its not clear context! Its graffiti on a public loo!

The context could be more clear. All you have to do is see the rest of his work to understand his viewpoint.

Yeah I know his work but Miss X just over from Africa may not.

In a year or twos time it may be really out of this stretched context, they may have even woken up in bed wiv Ed!

He doesn't even have a stencil to sign his work! But maybe that's in case he gets caught in the act of vandalism?

Edited by lines
to please Cyclone

It is not as clear as writing "If you vote UKIP you are racist" but it isn't a lot less subtle!

Does everyone follow politics? Will little kids reading this see it for what its supposed to represent (after validating that it is an actual Banksy by going to his website)?

Does everyone follow politics? Will little kids reading this see it for what its supposed to represent (after validating that it is an actual Banksy by going to his website)?

If your kids see it, you explain to them what it means. To me, the message is as clear as day.