Morrisons loyalty card.

oh gawd, not another bloody card to carry. have they learnt nothing from tesco clubcard and their ailing profits and share price?

if they can work out that we could have got it cheaper, why dont they give us an instant discount?

i got a 'price difference' 40p off your next shop coupon from tesco. great! now i've got to spent a quids worth of fuel to go back if i want to spend it.

dont bother discussing.

Edited by muckymurphy
add

I thought the new Morison's card being rolled out gave an instant price match across the board, including lidl & Aldi.

(According to Look North)

Any Mozzis Representative care to comment?

oh gawd, not another bloody card to carry. have they learnt nothing from tesco clubcard and their ailing profits and share price?

if they can work out that we could have got it cheaper, why dont they give us an instant discount?

i got a 'price difference' 40p off your next shop coupon from tesco. great! now i've got to spent a quids worth of fuel to go back if i want to spend it.

dont bother discussing.

Because card schemes generate them money and information plus some loyalty of its seen as an advantage. Tesco is still#1 in market share with near 30%.

Morrisons have demonstrated to be about ten years behind the others in terms of exploiting new avenues, too late with deliveries/online ordering, too late in knowing what their customers were buying through loyalty cards, too late in starting up the small store variant successfully to dominate key positions (which are now mostly run by Tesco and Sainsburys).

It must be the worst managed big supermarket chain in the country and despite that, they still manage to get some things right enough for me to be happy to spend our weekly shop there.

More specific on this sort of card: it is a key to them improving their offerings per locale and to actively bind customers to their brand. It gives them vital consumer driven data that they can't really obtain in any other way.

Of course, as a consumer you rarely get anything of value out of taking one of these cards on, so I simply refuse them.

I thought the new Morison's card being rolled out gave an instant price match across the board, including lidl & Aldi.

(According to Look North)

Any Mozzis Representative care to comment?

it is an instant price match but instead of instant cash refund at the till, you get points on your loyalty card. collect thousands of points and you get a £5 voucher. just like morrisons miles cards you use to collect points when buying their petrol.

i currently have 14 cards in my wallet already.

this price match business is the first sign of a price fixing cartel gearing up to take on the cut price stores.