Morrisons loyalty card.

I think these supermarkets are too big. I'd like to see a cap on the number of stores they can have. Yes, they're convenient, but they're nothing but profit making machines. They try to portray themselves otherwise but at the end of the day, they just want our money, as much of it as possible.

I think these supermarkets are too big. I'd like to see a cap on the number of stores they can have. Yes, they're convenient, but they're nothing but profit making machines. They try to portray themselves otherwise but at the end of the day, they just want our money, as much of it as possible.

Is that different to any other business?

Isn't that how a business is generally supposed to be run? Maximise profit

Its a replacement card not an additional card - you can now throw away the fuel card that you used.

The additional benefit is that any price benefits go onto the card and not some silly voucher,so you'll get your fiver sooner rather than multiple trips to spend 5p and 10p etc.

Its a replacement card not an additional card - you can now throw away the fuel card that you used.

The additional benefit is that any price benefits go onto the card and not some silly voucher,so you'll get your fiver sooner rather than multiple trips to spend 5p and 10p etc.

How do you actually obtain a new card as I've been told that the miles card is no longer valid? Thanks

How do you actually obtain a new card as I've been told that the miles card is no longer valid? Thanks

Mine arrived in the post today - but i do recall that i had to complete a form in the store and enter my miles card number.

Because card schemes generate them money and information plus some loyalty of its seen as an advantage. Tesco is still#1 in market share with near 30%.

Question

Does having many loyalty cards mean that the discerning shopper is:

a. loyal to each shop; or

b. disloyal to each shop?

They would only mean anything if the shopper were absolutely loyal to one shop which rewarded him/her handsomely enough.

Mine arrived in the post today! Just what do they know about me?

Probably everything. They know what you buy and when you're likely to visit again and will no doubt attempt to try and market you with additional stuff you might like but have never considered buying e.g. stuff you don't actually want. They'll probably make a resonable assumption of what colour and pattern your bedspread is or what colour socks you have on. Worse still, they'll probably sell that info on to a third party