Rotherham Night Life

There is good comedy night held in Rotherham on a sunday night every 2 weeks at the Voodoo Cellar on Corporation Street. This Sunday (9th April) the headliner is Richard Herring from the likes of Lee & Herring's Radio 1 show and Fist of Fun. It's only £7 on the door (or £5 if you are a member or a student) and it starts and finishes reasonably early so you're not knackered for work on Monday morning.

Rotherham's a good night. It's a nice change from Doncaster or Sheffield.

There's obviously less pubs with it being smaller, but the pubs that are there are reasonably decent.

Owls chick when was last time you went round and where did you go, im sure me and kris would look after you in our respective venues if you came down on a thursday (tryst and studio)

considering 2 of your fellow owlettes come in regulary you should organise an owlettes night out..

fancy playing host Mr C?

Hi

Well I have to report I wasn't overly impressed by Rotherham, but in its Defence, the weather was awful chucked it down all night, and un-surprisingly the place was deserted. It wasn't all bad, Snafu (I think it was called, I have a terrible memory for names) was good, nice to see a rock bar that isn't dark and dingy, and it was possibly the busiest place we went to, I can't really remember the names of the rest of the places we went to (we made flying visits to quite a few places).

, none stood out from amongst the others

After the pubs we went to Liquid, which despite being a place I would normally avoid, was actually ok (I was quite drunk at this point ;) ).

It was good for a change of evening and I possibly would go back, but not until the summer, when hopefully the weather is more hospitable.

• 1 month later...
Owls chick when was last time you went round and where did you go, im sure me and kris would look after you in our respective venues if you came down on a thursday (tryst and studio)

considering 2 of your fellow owlettes come in regulary you should organise an owlettes night out..

fancy playing host Mr C?

:D

Sorry mate didn't check back to see if there was anything else going off in the topic!

Thought you might suggest that plan though!

Archived