£300 per day not enough to live on

Train, booked in advance 100 ish notes

If I look about weeks in advance now, for a rush hour train (8th Dec, returning 9th or later Dec), the cheapest available ticket is £138.

Of course you'll need to get to Sheffield station, and your destination at the other end, and back again, so that's £16 in taxi fares in Sheffield and £6.00ish on your oyster card.

That's £150 gone immediately.

£300 a day sounds reasonable to be honest. Although if you were travelling from Edinburgh it might not be! It certainly not some sort of massive money spinner, unless you happen to live in Westminster already.

My rail prices have rocketed in price, and I book in advance too it used to be £1.00 yes one pound, and this year, 2014 it has gone through the roof, its now £8.00 an 800% increase within a year, its ridiculous.

Obviously its the cheapest they are now normally around £12-15 each way, but then again who the hell want to save money when its the tax payers paying all the way, free money

The journey takes 2.25 hours on average and I do it all the time.

I think its a bit low, once you have breakfasted at the club, called at Boodles and place a couple of bets, got a carriage into the house, lunched, spent a bit of time in the bar pressing the flesh, voted. its down to Browns for tea, couple of G&Ts. Relaxing sauna and massage. and time for bed.

£300 is not really a lot.