The face of an internet troll

She was driven to suicide as a result of being accused of a crime on Sky news watched by millions. She was also told on air that she will be prosecuted!

Her alleged crime was she aired an opinion on twitter. This somehow caused distress to the McCannes although they dont know her or read tweets. Who pushed this story...

The law is there for a purpose and has to follow due process.

I've heard nothing saying the McCanns "pushed the story" It wasn't the McCanns that sent the dossier to the police, it was their supporters who had seen the tweets and been affected on their behalf by the vicious cruel comments and threats made against them by those trolls.

Have you read the DM link? posted before Brenda Leyland's death http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2777145/Police-probe-trolls-sending-hate-messages-McCanns-Detectives-investigate-given-dossier-catalogues-remarks-including-death-threats.html

The McCanns must have been asked about their thoughts on the matter because the DM article states at the end that the "McCanns have declined to comment".

I've heard nothing saying the McCanns "pushed the story" It wasn't the McCanns that sent the dossier to the police, it was their supporters who had seen the tweets and been affected on their behalf by the vicious cruel comments and threats made against them by those trolls.

Have you read the DM link? posted before Brenda Leyland's death http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2777145/Police-probe-trolls-sending-hate-messages-McCanns-Detectives-investigate-given-dossier-catalogues-remarks-including-death-threats.html

The McCanns must have been asked about their thoughts on the matter because the DM article states at the end that the "McCanns have declined to comment".

A lot of those tweets were not hers..............can you point out where she has broken the law. Did she make any death threat? What are these "vicious cruel comments and threats"?

McCanns was calling for an example to be made of trolls? so they picked on this lady...an old women with mental health issues.

Edited by Mozilla

look at her face tho, she looks twisted, evil and miserable

Maybe she has been reading your sickening posts.

---------- Post added 05-10-2014 at 23:50 ----------

Ay, you gotta admire Team McCann.

They have a formidable team around them, its all about the money.

The Mccanns are a divisive couple and stir up strong emotions. Are we to assume that only words of support are allowed on the internet? If so then thats going to make for a very one sided resource.

McCanns PR machine setup goes into overdrive......results in death

R.I.P #Sweepyface

McCanns was calling for an example to be made of trolls? so they picked on this lady...an old women with mental health issues.

Ay, you gotta admire Team McCann.

This family lots their little girl and you seem to delight in denigrating them, it is disgusting.

This issue is bigger than just the MCCanns as it questions what is acceptable to post on the internet.

For example, I posted the other day that I hope the person responsible for murdering Alice Gross rots in hell and I genuinely hope this is the case. Am I entitled to express that opinion and if I am are these people attacking the McCanns not entitled to do so.

It would be more helpful if when posting people could add an additional sentence to indicate something along the lines of "IF guilty of the crime I hope they" and then whatever, but as things stand I don't think anyone knows what is and isn't acceptable and I include this forum on that.

Its not too hard to work out....

"I hope the persons responsible for Madeline's disappearance/murder suffer for ever!" = Acceptable.

"I hope the McCann's suffer for ever!"(because in my mind I have already found them guilty) = not acceptable.

People shouldn't make comments on a keyboard,that they wouldn't be willing to make in public.

She obviously couldn't live with the real world knowing her schizophrenic internet activities.

I think the callous way that the reporter handled this should also be brought to question aswell.

Maybe she has been reading your sickening posts.

---------- Post added 05-10-2014 at 23:50 ----------

They have a formidable team around them, its all about the money.

So put yourself in their predicament....would you sue people if they were smearing you with nasty rumours?

Also,how would it look if you decided not to sue them?

Damned if you do,damned if you don't?

Well you might aswell take the money route then eh?