British Bill of Rights - what do you want in it

You're wasting your time. The worm will just twist and turn until he eventually squirms away to come back under another name another day.

jb

Ah, the penny drops, hadn't realised I was involved with that type of poster.

Bit slow on the uptake myself at times, I put it down to age. :)

---------- Post added 08-10-2014 at 13:34 ----------

More user names than I've had hot dinners!

:o Thanks for the heads up, :)

That old lame chestnut, 'says more about you than me' is the retort offered by those who have been acting in such a ridiculous illogical and obtuse fashion that they have forced people to come to the conclusion that they are stupid.

Since you have decided that insults are the only way forward we will just have to end the discussion in disagreement.

Since you have decided that insults are the only way forward we will just have to end the discussion in disagreement.

Good one, :hihi:, took you a bit of time to think that one up.

We aren't ending in disagreement, we are ending with me having proved my point, and you being unable to come up with any suitable retort. :)

Good one, :hihi:, took you a bit of time to think that one up.

We aren't ending in disagreement, we are ending with me having proved my point, and you being unable to come up with any suitable retort. :)

I didn't even need to support my position with a link because the links you provided demonstrated that you are incorrect in your assertion that

"they don't have to supply us with anything, they don't have to explain anything. All they need to do is request us to hand over a British citizen and the only question we can ask is where and when do you want them delivered."

Which is clearly nonsense.

I didn't even need to support my position with a link because the links you provided demonstrated that you are incorrect in your assertion that

"they don't have to supply us with anything, they don't have to explain anything. All they need to do is request us to hand over a British citizen and the only question we can ask is where and when do you want them delivered."

Which is clearly nonsense.

The best advice when in a hole is stop digging.

You claimed that the agreement was an equal one, the links showed that the agreement is not equal, and that Britain is required to provide evidence that there is a reasonable basis to believe that the person committed a crime.

As that is the first and most basic information that is required to even question someone, let alone arrest them - or in this case transport them to a foreign country - but America does not have to provide it, how am I wrong in my assertion?

And once again you are attempting to move the goalposts, because you know ( unless you really are dim ) that you have lost the initial argument, it isn't an equal agreement and you finally got around to admitting it before trying to deflect onto a different point.

The best advice when in a hole is stop digging.

You claimed that the agreement was an equal one, the links showed that the agreement is not equal, and that Britain is required to provide evidence that there is a reasonable basis to believe that the person committed a crime.

As that is the first and most basic information that is required to even question someone, let alone arrest them - or in this case transport them to a foreign country - but America does not have to provide it, how am I wrong in my assertion?

And once again you are attempting to move the goalposts, because you know ( unless you really are dim ) that you have lost the initial argument, it isn't an equal agreement and you finally got around to admitting it before trying to deflect onto a different point.

No it was your link that claimed they were equal, all I did was quote it from the link that you thought supported your stance.

Edited by firemanbob

No it was your link that claimed they were equal, all I did was quote it from the link that you thought supported your stance.

Well at least we're entertaining the other posters. :)

The link I provided contained the factual information which I quoted, proving that there was a difference between the two countries obligations under the agreement.

You chose to ignore the fact and instead refer to a personal viewpoint of someone who was doing a desperate arse covering exercise on behalf of the idiots who screwed up signing off on a ridiculously one sided agreement.

Now, perhaps you could enlighten us, and support your argument by providing us with information as to exactly what the Americans have to do under the terms of the agreement when they wish to extradite a British citizen?

We know they don't have to provide any proof of a crime being committed by the person they want.

Therefore ,we can assume they don't have to even mention which crime they want them for, why bother, no connection is needed.

They don't have to provide any information as to why that particular individual is the one they want.

So, what exactly are they required to do?

Other than supplying us with the name of the person, there seems little else for them to do, not exactly the support and protection we should expect from our government is it?