Abbeydale Picture House Bar

jemson

Spent a couple of hours in here on Saturday afternoon. I love walking downstairs to a subterranean pub and the room below does not disappoint. It has a nice faded grandeur. Beer is a mixed bag. My pint of Marble 'Pint' was a bit cold and insipid, and the pale ale by meantime was a bit short on hops and tasted more like a lager, albeit a lager with more flavour than usual. The Hop Hideout board was exceptional, Fourpure Pale, Weird Beard 5 o clock shadow and a Kernel more than made up for the earlier lack of hops. We didn't eat but the pizzas looked good - proper thin ones. Staff were very nice, knowledgeable about beer, and wanted to chat genuinely about the place without just spouting some company line. Overall I thought it was a good place in a sorely under-pubbed area.

Went for the first time yesterday (Saturday) at 6pm. Had a few pints of the Poretti lager which was very enjoyable. My missus had a couple of glasses of white wine which was really good and chilled to perfection.

Really nice atmosphere, a good place to relax and have a drink. Absolutely spot on pizzas too. Really tasty Neopolitan style. We shared a margarita at £4.50 which is excellent value for money.

Edited by bungleboy69
Tried to amend bad layout...

It's a great place I went last. Tue night they have real ales on, try the chockolate flavoured stout it really does taste of chocolate, lovely decor too and diner at back, friendly barmen, it's a great new addition to this neck of the woods in sheffield !

Edited by Roger123W

• 3 weeks later...

Went back with a mate last thursday, was a little less impressed, it was full of young student hipster types, not an issue - they had a dj on, again not an issue but he was playing too loud - and any loud music is further amplified by the smooth reflective tiled walls alas ! Not a night really for an old man and his dog like me :hihi: