MPs investigated over expenses should not be named

MPs investigated over expenses should not be named - The Telegraph - Steven Swinford - 29 Sep 2014Looks like our elected representatives lords and masters are at it again, personally I think in order to trust our MP's they shouldn't be hiding anything from us unless it's a matter of national security and unless they are subsidising trident with their expenses I don't see their expense claims falling into that category.

There's a petition here if you think MP's expenses should be public knowledge, I'm not sure if there's one for keeping them secret I didn't bother looking tbh

Signed

So from this can we safely assume that its all of them on the take as they feel such a strong need for anonymity as they rob us blind

It's an old story Anna...did the duckhouse guy get his money? I don't remember...did the other MPs break the rules (albeit ones they had set themselves)? I'm not sure it was fraud except for the few like Elliot Morley..you're proving my point about mud sticking...

Fair point. But for me, it was because nothing was done about so many obviously criminal cases that they stick in the mind

Wasn't the last MPs' payrise, (14%) supposed to stop the expenses debacle?

The watchdog claimed that the move was intended to protect the MPs from the "reputational damage" they would suffer because of "public scrutiny".

Maybe this should apply to all citizens that are under investigation, until they are proven guilty.

Do MP's still HAVE a reputation to keep??

Fair point. But for me, it was because nothing was done about so many obviously criminal cases that they stick in the mind

I thought that was what IPSA was for?

Along with the upcoming 10% one?

---------- Post added 07-10-2014 at 15:33 ----------

No probably not.

Actually, thinking about it, yes, they do have a reputation to keep, one of being thieving toerags who complain about benefits scroungers whilst doing far worse themselves

I thought that was what IPSA was for?

IPSA came up with the payrise and are also supposed to scrutinise expenses. Yet another scandal emerges. But I think this is about transparency, and I cannot see why MPs expenses, which come out of the public purse, should be secret.

IPSA came up with the payrise and are also supposed to scrutinise expenses. Yet another scandal emerges. But I think this is about transparency, and I cannot see why MPs expenses, which come out of the public purse, should be secret.

Nothing wrong with seeing their expenses...that's not what I'm saying....