Morrison's policy on electric vehicles.

That's my thought too. I just wonder why Morrisons go to the trouble and expense of installing the things if (as yesterday) they allow P reg Suzuki Swifts to park in the bays thus depriving drivers of electric vehicles the chance?

It occured to me that this might be lip service to some Government scheme that requires these things rather like motorway services are required to provide airlines to blow up tyres. If this is the case then Morrisons is doing no more than provide the facility because they cannot normally be used.

Surely the airlines at motorway service stations get much more use than electric charging points in a few bays at Morrisons.

Parents would be happy walking from the far end of the car park.. it's all about the extra width needed for a pram etc.

Yea but it's also to help stop out of control kids running all over the car park.

Keep the bays closer to the shop so they don't have far to go, and are less likely to get in trouble.

---------- Post added 08-10-2014 at 10:31 ----------

I can do a full shop in say half an hour. If they are parking all day for a full recharge, then that's selfish.

Some supermarkets dish out tickets if you've been parked more than two hours, even if they are un-enforceable it would be an amusing situation.

Surely the airlines at motorway service stations get much more use than electric charging points in a few bays at Morrisons.

How often do you check your tyres at a motorway service station?

It is rather like the provision of LPG. Folk wouldn't buy an LPG car if there were no refueling points. Nor would they buy an LPG car if the LPG points that there were couldn't be used. At a pinch I can inflate my tyres using a footpump if the airline isn't accessible.

Edited by foxy lady

I don't check them. But I have had a low pressure warning come on and had to top up a tyre in the past.

So that's not very often then.

Why do you think Morrisons have gone to the expence of installing 6 high speed chargers for electric vehicles?

Why don't you tell us??

There must be some reason for it, I mean they even charge for the air from the tyre machine and the water for filling up the screen wash.

but they're perfectly happy to give away electricity to anyone who rocks up in an electric car???

There must be something in it for them?

So that's not very often then.

Why do you think Morrisons have gone to the expence of installing 6 high speed chargers for electric vehicles?

It's even less often that I'll use an electric charging point... Every car has tyres, very few have power leads.

Someone speculated that it was to meet some sort of target, could well be the case, or perhaps their CEO is driving a Prius. Who knows.

Why don't you tell us??

There must be some reason for it, I mean they even charge for the air from the tyre machine and the water for filling up the screen wash.

but they're perfectly happy to give away electricity to anyone who rocks up in an electric car???

There must be something in it for them?

Are they free, I thought you needed to put a card in the machine to use them?

According to Zap Map there are no Morrisons in Sheffield offering charging points... either Zap Map is wrong or they haven't been connected yet.

Looking at the others they are either free (some conditionally) or require prepayment before use and vary from slow charge (8hrs) to rapid charge (80% charge in 30min).

jb

It's even less often that I'll use an electric charging point... Every car has tyres, very few have power leads.

Someone speculated that it was to meet some sort of target, could well be the case, or perhaps their CEO is driving a Prius. Who knows.

If you have charging points and your competitors don't that'll drive more traffic to your stores. If they are the only one and 2.7% of the population apparantly have electric cars, that's a measurable and worthwhile increase in footfall...