Morrison's policy on electric vehicles.

According to Zap Map there are no Morrisons in Sheffield offering charging points... either Zap Map is wrong or they haven't been connected yet.

Looking at the others they are either free (some conditionally) or require prepayment before use and vary from slow charge (8hrs) to rapid charge (80% charge in 30min).

jb

Zap map is wrong then.

Here is the response I got from Morrisons.

Thank you for your email.

I am very sorry to hear that you have been having difficulty finding a parking space for your electric car due to customers parking none electric cars in them.

Please be assured that this has been passed on to the Store Manager who has asked me to pass on his apologies for this and has advised me that he will be arranging for more checks to be done on the car park to ensure this is improved.

I hope the above information is of use and if there is anything else I can help with please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards

Customer Service Advisor

If you have charging points and your competitors don't that'll drive more traffic to your stores. If they are the only one and 2.7% of the population apparantly have electric cars, that's a measurable and worthwhile increase in footfall...

In theory, but I think it unlikely that the electric car/hybrid owners will desert Waitrose because of some charging points at Morrisons.

In theory, but I think it unlikely that the electric car/hybrid owners will desert Waitrose because of some charging points at Morrisons.

So what would you do if you nipped down to your local shop and found someone had parked across the bike rack? Then when you emerged with your meal for one someone had made off with your bike.

What makes you think they shop exclusively at Waitrose? Or just a bit of reverse snobbery there?

Nothing reverse about it.

I'm simply suggesting that the upper middle class (who are mainly the demographic who buy electric/hybrid vehicles) don't shop and won't shop at Morrisons. On average of course. I'm sure there are outliers who do, but if they already do then the points are irrelevant.

---------- Post added 08-10-2014 at 17:22 ----------

So what would you do if you nipped down to your local shop and found someone had parked across the bike rack? Then when you emerged with your meal for one someone had made off with your bike.

Are you trying to make some kind of point, if so I'm afraid I've missed it.

I normally drive to the supermarket, and I shop for two. But if I did go on my bike, and it was stolen, I'd phone the police, just like if your car was stolen. :huh:

I normally drive to the supermarket, and I shop for two. But if I did go on my bike, and it was stolen, I'd phone the police, just like if your car was stolen. :huh:

Would that get your bike back? I have locks and a burgular alarm on my car and its fitted with a tracker. Is your bike the same?

I have a bike lock. You can get a tracker for them, I considered it for my good bike, but then just bought a cheap commuting bike instead. But like I said, I do my shopping in the car.

I still don't see what you're getting at. Is this somehow related to people who own hybrids shopping at Waitrose? Can you explain your point, if you have one?

I have a bike lock. You can get a tracker for them, I considered it for my good bike, but then just bought a cheap commuting bike instead. But like I said, I do my shopping in the car.

I still don't see what you're getting at. Is this somehow related to people who own hybrids shopping at Waitrose? Can you explain your point, if you have one?

Well I'm the one complaining about people not being able to recharge electric vehicles because folk with petrol cars have parked across the recharge points. You just seem to be trying to fill the hours between waking up and going to bed.

So should folk who drive electric cars block the petrol pumps, tyre inflator of cycle racks like folk block the recharge points or do you think it would be better for folk who don't own electric vehicles to park with a bit of consideration.

Edited by foxy lady

I haven't said that people shouldn't offer consideration.

Do you actually drive a vehicle with a charging cord?

Are you offended that I don't think electric charging points will gain Morrisons any new business for reasons of societal strata and the purchasing habits within those?