Workers on the breadline.

So rather than more money they could use some advise on budgeting, getting value for money, and basic cooking skills.

But what happens if the nearest supermarket is a bus ride away then what they save on food could cost more in travel expenses than using the petrol station.

The cost of living is going up because the number of people competing for the worlds resources is going up, when demand is high and supply is low prices tend to increase, and demand is increasing year after year whilst the worlds resources are diminishing.

The wages of the wealthy and powerfull are increasing much fasster than those at the bottom; but the poor should not be going hungry, unless they have made poor lifestyle choices.

But what happens if the nearest supermarket is a bus ride away then what they save on food could cost more in travel expenses than using the petrol station.

I know a 76 year old man that walks 4 miles to the supermarket and then 4 miles back home every day, I'm sure most poor people would be capable of walking a little further.

I know a 76 year old man that walks 4 miles to the supermarket and then 4 miles back home every day, I'm sure most poor people would be capable of walking a little further.

I know a man who can wiggle his left ear independently of his right.:rolleyes:

I didn't catch much of it, but I did notice that the guy was on a card meter so was paying through the nose for his utilities.

Shopping at the local petrol station is not going to be the best value for money either.

He hadn't eaten for over 25 hours.So when his wages went in at midnight he bought his gas/electric and a little food.

I doubt he would have done his weekly shop at a garage.

At least 80% of humanity lives on less than $10 a day.

Thankfully, goods are getting cheaper for them!

But not enough room to feed and house everyone in the same lifestyle as your average British, German, French, Spanish or American citizen.

There is, if the artificial scarcity is tackled.

Nonsense, most of the world population don't work, an over supply of labour keeps wages low which contributes to poverty.

Not everybody needs too. Low wages aren't so bad, when there is a low cost of living due to low production costs from low wages. The only time this is a problem, is when something the people need to live is artificially increased in price - for example, land and housing.

Its going up because most of what we consume comes from foreign lands and other people from around the world are competing for those valuable resources.

It isn't - our cost of living is increasing due to man made manipulation of the market designed to benefit a wealthy idle elite.

You just argued that we need lots of people to keep wages low, and there should be no need for benefits because everyone should be working.

I didn't. I pointed out some things were being manipulated. And if they weren't, then wages would higher relative to the private taxation levied upon commoners known as 'rent' by the idle, parasitic, rentier, class war waging, landowning, aristocratic, detritus that floats to the upper echelons of British society.

---------- Post added 07-10-2014 at 21:12 ----------

He hadn't eaten for over 25 hours.So when his wages went in at midnight he bought his gas/electric and a little food.

I doubt he would have done his weekly shop at a garage.

But can be nigh on certain it was closest place to put on leccy n gas.

Thankfully, goods are getting cheaper for them!

Like food and energy.

There is, if the artificial scarcity is tackled.

What artificial scarcity?

Not everybody needs too.
You've changed your stance again, the last post you complained that a reduction in population would mean a labour shortage, now you say everyone doesn't need to work so clearly the population can be lowered without it affecting the labour market.

Low wages aren't so bad, when there is a low cost of living due to low production costs from low wages. The only time this is a problem, is when something the people need to live is artificially increased in price - for example, land and housing.
Which can't be achieved because there are too many people wanting a share of the finite and dwindling global resources.

It isn't - our cost of living is increasing due to man made manipulation of the market designed to benefit a wealthy idle elite.

Greed is inevitable when there aren't enough resources for everyone to live a comfortable life.

Which can't be achieved because there are too many people wanting a share of the finite and dwindling global resources.

Greed is inevitable when there aren't enough resources for everyone to live a comfortable life.

Who should we get rid of then?

Are you volunteering?