Those who have made a claim after a car accident..

And if you have a healthy body, that is well nourished and exercised - sudden movement with your seat belt on, shouldn't cause you much more than soft tissue sprain and bruising which would be gone in a few days.

So what, if someone doesn't eat right, isn't very fit, has some medical condition or is just simply a little bit old then they can all go F themselves???

Whiplash does happen, some people fake it and thats wrong but it still happens.

I find this kind of issue very difficult.

Accidents happen - perhaps one day it'll happen to you and you'll be sued and you'll think that's fair, in which case I guess that's fine....

But it's amazing how whiplash doesn't seem to exist in car crashes in Africa

And if you have a healthy body, that is well nourished and exercised - sudden movement with your seat belt on, shouldn't cause you much more than soft tissue sprain and bruising which would be gone in a few days.

Not sure why people act as if this kind of situation is life and death?

Because it's not

Who gives a toss if its life or death. Injured is injured. Negligence is negligence.

Prey tell Dr Solomon1 how you know that "whiplash does not seem to exist in Africa"

Welcome to the Association of Personal Injury Attorneys: SA

http://www.saapil.co.za/

Oh what about the registered attorneys in Nigeria, Ghana, Zimbabwe, Egypt, Nabia.....thousands of them do injury claims.

If whiplash is such a fantasy, why do GPs diagnose it. Why do treating Consultants report on it. Why do therapist provide physio for it. Are all those GMC registered professional all on the make then? All scamming society eh?

Accidents DO happen yes. But sometimes when someone is suffering physically, mentally and financially people have to face the consequences and pay up. Its the whole bloody point why people have insurance.

Edited by ECCOnoob

Accidents happen - perhaps one day it'll happen to you and you'll be sued and you'll think that's fair, in which case I guess that's fine....

Because it's not

What a load of complete rubbish.

I claimed through my insurance company. I didn't have much choice as the damage to my car came to over a thousand plus the hire car costs easily doubled it and I didn't have money like that to spare. They put in a personal injury claim a few days later (it doesn't usually show up at first) and it took about six months to be settled. The car took two months to be sorted and tbh I think they faff about because they can (knowing people aren't familiar with the system a lot of the time).

Thanks for the replies. If we had gone into the back of someone and they made a claim of course I wouldn't complain about it. We would have probably been driving too close or distracted.

I am waiting on quotes from garages for repairs. As for our injuries we have put a claim in and this will no doubt that a few months.

Thanks again for the replies.

Because it's not

I'm afraid I'm with lots of other people here- it may not have been life and death, but my loss of earnings and medical costs were all pretty real, as were the injuries which took several months to heal and were probably the cause of the cancer which very nearly killed me later on (strange how the scar cell tumour was in just the place where I had a set of muscle tears in that shoulder).

My car was the jam in a Transit sandwich and ended up almost 6 inches shorter than it should have been, even though I started off stationery in a queue of traffic.

Exactly why should I not seek to have my loss of earnings, insurance costs and injuries compensated for?

I'm speaking for myself

But I really cannot stand this culture of 'where there's blame, there's a claim'

It encourages victimhood, scape-goating and greed from what I've seen

And I disagree with pretty much all of it

If I was seriously injured and couldn't work or support my family for a significant amount of time, then fair enough. Compensation would probably be a good idea.

Otherwise this whole mentality of 'I have a pain in my little finger, someone needs to give me thousands of pounds' really creates a fetid stink for me

---------- Post added 12-10-2014 at 23:27 ----------

I'm afraid I'm with lots of other people here- it may not have been life and death, but my loss of earnings and medical costs were all pretty real, as were the injuries which took several months to heal and were probably the cause of the cancer which very nearly killed me later on (strange how the scar cell tumour was in just the place where I had a set of muscle tears in that shoulder).

My car was the jam in a Transit sandwich and ended up almost 6 inches shorter than it should have been, even though I started off stationery in a queue of traffic.

Exactly why should I not seek to have my loss of earnings, insurance costs and injuries compensated for?

Hi Medusa :)

I'm really not referring to serious situations, so please don't think my opinion is aimed at cases such as yours

I've just seen far too many people try and get something for nothing, lawyers saying the most ridiculous things to try and get as much money as they can

And I just think it's wrong

I have not made a claim, or had a claim made. But I have many friends who have been on both sides of the fence. Friends made ill by the lies told by lawyers trying to sue him for as much as they could get after a car accident.

It's not right

---------- Post added 12-10-2014 at 23:29 ----------

Thanks for the replies. If we had gone into the back of someone and they made a claim of course I wouldn't complain about it. We would have probably been driving too close or distracted.

Then that's fair enough Chaz

I wish you well and hope you get what you deserve

Edited by Solomon1

I'm speaking for myself

But I really cannot stand this culture of 'where there's blame, there's a claim'

It encourages victimhood, scape-goating and greed from what I've seen

And I disagree with pretty much all of it

If I was seriously injured and couldn't work or support my family for a significant amount of time, then fair enough. Compensation would probably be a good idea.

Otherwise this whole mentality of 'I have a pain in my little finger, someone needs to give me thousands of pounds' really creates a fetid stink for me

---------- Post added 12-10-2014 at 23:27 ----------

Hi Medusa :)

I'm really not referring to serious situations, so please don't think my opinion is aimed at cases such as yours

I've just seen far too many people try and get something for nothing, lawyers saying the most ridiculous things to try and get as much money as they can

And I just think it's wrong

I have not made a claim, or had a claim made. But I have many friends who have been on both sides of the fence. Friends made ill by the lies told by lawyers trying to sue him for as much as they could get after a car accident.

It's not right

---------- Post added 12-10-2014 at 23:29 ----------

Then that's fair enough Chaz

I wish you well and hope you get what you deserve

It comes out of car their insurance. Thats what its for if someone is seriously injured. Not sure why your friends were made ill by it.