Those who have made a claim after a car accident..

It comes out of car their insurance. Thats what its for if someone is seriously injured. Not sure why your friends were made ill by it.

Because he was an old fashioned, traditional yorkshire man. Worked hard all his life, didn't expect anything for nothing.

When the claim was made, some years ago now, before it was mainstream culture as it appears to be today, he'd never had to deal with the lying tactics of ambulance-chaser lawyers before

An honest man, finds the lies of cheating men, very difficult

---------- Post added 12-10-2014 at 23:46 ----------

Also, there is the knock-on effect of car insurance. It gets considerably hiked up at renewal, relative to the amount of compensation made

---------- Post added 12-10-2014 at 23:47 ----------

It comes out of car their insurance. Thats what its for if someone is seriously injured

Is this what your 'lawyer' told you? ;)

Because he was an old fashioned, traditional yorkshire man. Worked hard all his life, didn't expect anything for nothing.

When the claim was made, some years ago now, before it was mainstream culture as it appears to be today, he'd never had to deal with the lying tactics of ambulance-chaser lawyers before

Also, there is the knock-on effect of car insurance. It gets considerably hiked up at renewal, relative to the amount of compensation made

No not at all. Im well aware about insurance premiums etc

We are hard working, honest people, never claimed becore but are claiming this time as we are injured. Do you see a problem with that?

No not at all. Im well aware about insurance premiums etc

We are hard working, honest people, never claimed becore but are claiming this time as we are injured. Do you see a problem with that?

Only you have to live with your conscience Chaz, not me

If you really feel that you deserve monetary recompense, then that's your prerogative

I have an issue with claiming culture per se

And I really regret how much it has been adopted into our daily lives

God, talk about a chip on your shoulder.

What "lying tactics of ambulance chasing lawyers" were those then?

Considering the majority of solicitors are risk assessing claims as they are acting on a no win no fee do you really think they take on any old crap?

What about their compliance with Court Procedures, SRA regulations and the mere fact that the burden of proof as to the circumstances, liability and medical causation of a claim is all on the side of the Claimant to produce.

Ambulance chasing is a word that derived following the flood of "claims management companies" and "accident advisors" and "helplines" - which were merely middle men selling their work for a referral fee. They never actually got involved with dealing with the cases and in fact as many of the solicitors who partnered with them found out - the actual claims were complete pups and had to be written off. i.e. no financial award and thus no payout from the insurers.

In any event thanks to recent Jackson reforms that has now all stopped.

The actual lawyers dealing with such claims face massive challenges in establishing proof of an accident and trying to persuade the usually bias Judges that an injured party should receive compensation. They are all bound by strict rules of evidence, vetting procedures, identification procedures, court protocol, anti-money laundering regulations and the insurers own defence and fraud teams.

Just because telly adverts portray it as so does not mean that compensation is a routine thing which is just paid out. In fact this whole "compensation culture" myth has been used by private and business insurers as a blame for their greedy profit driven increases. 60% less Employer Liability claims over the last decade and they still blame lawyers for increases in premiums. Smells like.... to me

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/compensation-culture-is-a-myth-claims-for-workrelated-injuries-and-diseases-fall-60-per-cent-in-a-decade-8738679.html

Edited by ECCOnoob

God, talk about a chip on your shoulder.

What "lying tactics of ambulance chasing lawyers" were those then?

Considering the majority of solicitors are risk assessing claims as they are acting on a no win no fee do you really think they take on any old crap?

In my experience, yes

Lawyers are lawyers, whatever their line of work

And you know, as well as I do Ecco, how they operate

As far as I'm concerned, solicitors are the scum of the earth

Only you have to live with your conscience Chaz, not me

If you really feel that you deserve monetary recompense, then that's your prerogative

I have an issue with claiming culture per se

And I really regret how much it has been adopted into our daily lives

I questioned you as you have the issue with it. I have no reason to feel guilty. Im injured through another person driving recklessly. We can't work and my husband can't drive due to our injuries. If only he (the other driver) had been more careful....

I don't judge others. Like medusa, she did what was right for her due to fault of the other.

If I had not been injured I would not be claiming.

Edited by Chazndave

In my experience, yes

Lawyers are lawyers, whatever their line of work

And you know, as well as I do Ecco, how they operate

As far as I'm concerned, solicitors are the scum of the earth

Solicitors are the scum of the earth?! Oh dear. You just made yourself look very silly and lost any credibility you or your posts may have had. Nothing like generalising is there!

Edited by Chazndave