ISIS/ISIL plot foiled

Twice as many, the same amount, 10 times... does the actual number change the fact that there is a serious problem?

---------- Post added 09-10-2014 at 13:11 ----------

The nazis posed a risk to the world and IS doesn't if we leave it alone to die a slow death instead of keep feeding it.

Why do you ignore the fact that our interventions have fuelled extremism and directly led to the creation of IS? Why carry on with a strategy proven to achieve the opposite of the objective?

If we are just going to chuck out figures that aren't accurate then there are two British ISIS fighters and one has a wooden leg. The numbers are very important.

If we are just going to chuck out figures that aren't accurate then there are two British ISIS fighters and one has a wooden leg. The numbers are very important.

Lots of judgements and decisions in this world have to be taken based on estimates when it is impossible to have accurate figures. Sometimes it make a difference how accurate the estimates are sometimes it doesn't. In this case it doesn't because all the varying estimates (re the number of British Muslims joining Jihadist causes) lead you to the same conclusion... there a serious problem.

Why would you want to hide such a serious problem instead of recognising it so something can be done about it? You are allowing cultural/religious sensitivities to blind you to what is plain to see... you don't work for Rotherham council do you?

Lots of judgements and decisions in this world have to be taken based on estimates when it is impossible to have accurate figures. Sometimes it make a difference how accurate the estimates are sometimes it doesn't. In this case it doesn't because all the varying estimates (re the number of British Muslims joining Jihadist causes) lead you to the same conclusion... there a serious problem.

Why would you want to hide such a serious problem instead of recognising it so something can be done about it? You are allowing cultural/religious sensitivities to blind you to what is plain to see... you don't work for Rotherham council do you?

No but I'm not corporal jones running around making up numbers just to make a bit of noise (I'm not saying you are making up numbers). Let's try some facts, let's ask our intelligence agencies to find out stuff rather than just screaming "the Muslims are coming the Muslims are coming!!!"

No but I'm not corporal jones running around making up numbers just to make a bit of noise (I'm not saying you are making up numbers). Let's try some facts, let's ask our intelligence agencies to find out stuff rather than just screaming "the Muslims are coming the Muslims are coming!!!"

Here is a left-of-centre take using the most conservative estimates for British Muslims fighting for IS. Remember too that we have had estimates from the intelligence agencies who estimate that thousands more have been abroad to train with extremist groups.

There is no disguising there is a serious problem.

The nazis posed a risk to the world and IS doesn't if we leave it alone to die a slow death instead of keep feeding it.

Why do you ignore the fact that our interventions have fuelled extremism and directly led to the creation of IS? Why carry on with a strategy proven to achieve the opposite of the objective?

I don't ignore anything, I just disagree with you on both counts.

I disagree. :)

The war on terror started after 9/11, so in what way do you think things are now worse than then?

I disagree, the war on terror started in 632AD in this case.

It makes you wonder what contingency plans the government has if it all kicks-off here which is highly likely due to the increased mistrust and aggression between non muslims and muslims. I hope it’s not just the civil order game plan, otherwise we’d be doomed.

I disagree. :)

The war on terror started after 9/11, so in what way do you think things are now worse than then?

It is worse in the sense that the threat from Islamic extremism and terrorism is worse. Even the Americans recognise that.