Should Disneyland Paris be Allowed to Fail?

I think thats a matter for the parent company to decide.

Although the descision may not be based on viabilty but could be a usefull tool for justifiable losses for tax purposes.

Yes, of course it is. I was just interested to see (given the large number of families I have come across who've visited it) whether anyone is bothered. Like you would be with the Post Office, or Woolworths, or other places you had good memories of.

Personally...our kids loved it (especially when the Sleeping Beauty's castle caught fire - we thought it was part of the show, to start with, but the fire engines and water hoses all added to the spectacle). We only went once though (can't see the attraction of multiple visits), and as parents, we weren't impressed by the prices generally and the policy at the time of not allowing you to bring any of your own food in at all, then charging you extortionate prices for their own junk food.

I read recently that they have a policy of not raising their prices in school holidays, which is good - but I suspect this is because they are sky-high as it is.

---------- Post added 08-10-2014 at 10:16 ----------

Never been but If I ever did it would be in the US. Banging that thing in Paris seemed somehow undignified, like a mini Las Vages would be in Prague.

It's not actually in Paris, though.

Edited by aliceBB

I don't see that it was ever a viable place for a resort of that nature...the weather in Paris is much the same as here, and who wants to go to a resort like that when it's cold and rainy?...I've always thought that about Disney in Paris....

Cheaper to get to than the US park(s) (do they still have two?).

I'm sure there's more than enough entertainment indoors too. If the weather was such an issue all of Europe's theme parks wouldn't do much business.

It'd be a slap in the face of the French people if that place was bailed out by their Government and not by the billion dollar business empire that actually owns the joint.

It'd be even more insulting if money came from the EU to bail it out.

I visited Disneyland Paris about 14 years ago. I was advised by staff that the majority of Parisiennes hated the association with the place and many refused to work there.

So may not be such a big loss to them,it's definitely no loss to me.

I visited Disneyland Paris about 14 years ago. I was advised by staff that the majority of Parisiennes hated the association with the place and many refused to work there.

So may not be such a big loss to them,it's definitely no loss to me.

And what about the men?