Should Disneyland Paris be Allowed to Fail?

Lower their pricing structure. Or go to the wall.

If only it was that simple. I've not looked at their pricing but would knocking off 30 euros from the admission price make that much of a difference? Probably not. How many extra people do you need through the door to make more money by dropping the admission price? Lower prices does not guarantee more custom. I suspect it's not just the admission price either, but getting fleeced once you're inside. Where do most of their customers come from? etc

---------- Post added 09-10-2014 at 07:24 ----------

I wonder where Barry is anyway, he thinks he's such a business expert

Too expensive by far. Took my two sons to Disneyland years ago. For them, my wife and self the admission came to just over 100 dollars and then there was the food and drinks on top of that. End of day it came to near two hundred dollars. Just too much for 8 hours

At least it's something worth experiencing in the USA though, for some. You can pay that for a family day at Alton Towers here, and do nowt but queue for most of the day.

Too expensive by far. Took my two sons to Disneyland years ago. For them, my wife and self the admission came to just over 100 dollars and then there was the food and drinks on top of that. End of day it came to near two hundred dollars. Just too much for 8 hours

Do they not offer CA residents a discount on passes like they do for FL residents??

Do they not offer CA residents a discount on passes like they do for FL residents??

Oh my goodness, YES with the discounts!

We have never paid full price for Disney tickets in our lives. The list of discounts here in California is endless, and even with the discounts, it aint cheap.

55+

Military

Retired Military

Auto Club

SoCal residents

NorCal residents

Girl/Boy Scouts

Credit Union members

And just about every school, employee, union, non-union group out there.

Disney has cruises as well (never been on one) but know people who have and they loved it.

One of the reasons the ticket prices are so high, not just Disney, most theme parks, water parks, etc. (aside from corporate greed) is to keep out the riff raff.

Sorry to say it only takes a tiny element to ruin it for everyone, and I myself was always very cautious about attending "free" or low cost events. Especially with my children.

I agree nothing is more infuriating than being held hostage on a broiling day and water is freaking four dollars a bottle. I could buy an entire CASE of water for that!

If they allowed people to bring in food, can you imagine the mess? The employees would spend the entire day cleaning up after the guests. Again, a tiny element ruining it for everyone.

Edited by Sierra

Oh my goodness, YES with the discounts!

We have never paid full price for Disney tickets in our lives. The list of discounts here in California is endless, and even with the discounts, it aint cheap.

55+

Military

Retired Military

Auto Club

SoCal residents

NorCal residents

Girl/Boy Scouts

Credit Union members

And just about every school, employee, union, non-union group out there.

Disney has cruises as well (never been on one) but know people who have and they loved it.

One of the reasons the ticket prices are so high, not just Disney, most theme parks, water parks, etc. (aside from corporate greed) is to keep out the riff raff.

Sorry to say it only takes a tiny element to ruin it for everyone, and I myself was always very cautious about attending "free" or low cost events. Especially with my children.

I agree nothing is more infuriating than being held hostage on a broiling day and water is freaking four dollars a bottle. I could but an entire CASE of water for that!

If they allowed people to bring in food, can you imagine the mess? The employees would spend the entire day cleaning up after the guests. Again, a tiny element ruining it for everyone.

No, no fair enough... My mom has a season pass in FL and think it cost her about $200 or so for the year (they also get one for Universal) but her hubby works for a gov't contractor and they also get access for military days and the like...

Just thought it be a wee cheaper for day passes.

We went in 1987 to DW and remember for the 6 of us - 4 adults two children under ten - with discount travel passes and more, cost my parents almost $300 for admission for 4 day passes. Also remember it cost us $10 for a crappy hotdog, a bag of chips (crisps) and a can of coke... Hate to know what it costs now.

Edited by alternageek

No, no fair enough... My mom has a season pass in FL and think it cost her about $200 or so for the year (they also get one for Universal) but her hubby works for a gov't contractor and they also get access for military days and the like...

Just thought it be a wee cheaper for day passes.

We went in 1987 to DW and remember for the 6 of us - 4 adults two children under ten - with discount travel passes and more, cost my parents almost $300 for admission for 4 day passes. Also remember it cost us $10 for a crappy hotdog, a bag of chips (crisps) and a can of coke... Hate to know what it costs now.

Our neighbors had season passes, and thought nothing of driving 5-6 hours down south on a Friday night to visit Disneyland for the weekend. They did this at least once a month, sometimes more in the summer. They were Disney fanatics.

We used to try and take the kids at least once a year, sometimes twice. Summer and Christmas (or around Christmas). Disney Christmases are magical (or migraine inducing, depending on your age and mental state. ;))

I used to smuggle crackers, raisins, etc. in my purse but if we stayed at the Disneyland hotel, everyone would eat a big breakfast, spend most of the day at the park, then back to the hotel in late afternoon. Eat dinner, then back out to the park if the kids weren't approaching meltdown by then.

A bigger problem for us was the merchandise! My daughter especially was a sucker for Disney princess stuff, Little Mermaid, Pocahontas, and just way overpriced doodads, hair bows, shoes, clothing, stuffed animals, arrggghhh! :hihi:

Bought a few things beforehand, and made it clear to both of them, we are NOT setting foot in the Disney store in Disneyland! Heh. Can't believe, they actually went along with it for the most part.

Alton Towers tickets are £49 on the gate - for 1 adult ticket.

$100s for four is a bargain!

And we were told what a good thing a "Chinese Theme Park" would be for the Sheffield area. Anyone heard anything about it, gone rather quiet over the past year.

What a fascinating concept. Did they mean a traditional British theme park built and run by the Chinese, or a theme park with traditional or (modern) Chinese attractions?