Should Disneyland Paris be Allowed to Fail?

Try here http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-14449286

Now search the forum, there have been many threads on the subject.

Thank you for that.

:rolleyes:Sadly none of the 'visions of China' contemplated seems to include any representation of the 9 executions per day of political prisoners, forced abortions under the One-Child policy, desperate poverty (people forced to scavenge from landfill sites to live) and other appalling human rights abuses which have been and in some cases still are a feature of Chinese life today.

I'm all for extending people's cultural awareness, but let's stop pretending that China is all pretty lanterns and wedding-cake pagodas.

Thank you for that.

:rolleyes:Sadly none of the 'visions of China' contemplated seems to include any representation of the 9 executions per day of political prisoners, forced abortions under the One-Child policy, desperate poverty (people forced to scavenge from landfill sites to live) and other appalling human rights abuses which have been and in some cases still are a feature of Chinese life today.

I'm all for extending people's cultural awareness, but let's stop pretending that China is all pretty lanterns and wedding-cake pagodas.

China's success has been built on slave labour, propaganda and fear.

There was a Chinese Theme Park in Orlando Florida, it died the death and lasted about a couple of years. It was left abandoned until the site was cleared but some folks got into the site and filmed the dereliction.

Edited by Blackbeard

Too expensive by far. Took my two sons to Disneyland years ago. For them, my wife and self the admission came to just over 100 dollars and then there was the food and drinks on top of that. End of day it came to near two hundred dollars. Just too much for 8 hours

Well as a comparison the CHEAPEST admission price for Two Adults and Two Children (3-11) at Paris is over $300

Our neighbors had season passes, and thought nothing of driving 5-6 hours down south on a Friday night to visit Disneyland for the weekend. They did this at least once a month, sometimes more in the summer. They were Disney fanatics.

We used to try and take the kids at least once a year, sometimes twice. Summer and Christmas (or around Christmas). Disney Christmases are magical (or migraine inducing, depending on your age and mental state. ;))

I used to smuggle crackers, raisins, etc. in my purse but if we stayed at the Disneyland hotel, everyone would eat a big breakfast, spend most of the day at the park, then back to the hotel in late afternoon. Eat dinner, then back out to the park if the kids weren't approaching meltdown by then.

A bigger problem for us was the merchandise! My daughter especially was a sucker for Disney princess stuff, Little Mermaid, Pocahontas, and just way overpriced doodads, hair bows, shoes, clothing, stuffed animals, arrggghhh! :hihi:

Bought a few things beforehand, and made it clear to both of them, we are NOT setting foot in the Disney store in Disneyland! Heh. Can't believe, they actually went along with it for the most part.

Yeah Mom goes up about once a month or so, spends the weekend there.. They do one day at Disney and then another at Universal... but shes only 2 hours south from Orlando, so not a huge drive for them.

I remember we got ONE gift from disney - I got a goofy ears hat. LOL. Think its packed up in my Dads basement in NY.. The cost of thir stuff is nuts.

Do you still have to use Disney dollars when you shop or can you use normal currency??

Do you still have to use Disney dollars when you shop or can you use normal currency??

Sorry to hijack - You can use any currency you have on you. Not just the good ol' $. It's a bit of a faff though as they Disney Cast Member has to make a call to get the exchange rate of whichever currency you have, work it out and then ring it through at the till :hihi:

Another hijack, a theme park in the Netherlands decided that the way to combat queues at rides was to charge more for the most popular ones. So the rollercoaster would all of a sudden cost 5 euro/ride ON TOP of the 40 euro entry fee. Theme parks are insanely expensive, don't know why anybody wastes money on them.