Should Disneyland Paris be Allowed to Fail?

Sorry to hijack - You can use any currency you have on you. Not just the good ol' $. It's a bit of a faff though as they Disney Cast Member has to make a call to get the exchange rate of whichever currency you have, work it out and then ring it through at the till :hihi:

As far as I was aware the US parks dont accept foreign currency

Think there's one in California, which is much smaller than the Orlando resort. There's one in Tokyo too.

when there were only two of them the Florida one used to be called DisneyWORLD whereas the original California Disney was DisneyLAND. And don't forget the Hong Kong Disneyland which opened in 2005. Everybody that goes there that has been to the American ones says how small it is.

Yeah Mom goes up about once a month or so, spends the weekend there.. They do one day at Disney and then another at Universal... but shes only 2 hours south from Orlando, so not a huge drive for them.

I remember we got ONE gift from disney - I got a goofy ears hat. LOL. Think its packed up in my Dads basement in NY.. The cost of thir stuff is nuts.

Do you still have to use Disney dollars when you shop or can you use normal currency??

Too cute about your mom. There are lots of "big kids" who love Disney as well as little ones. :D

I honestly wouldn't mind going more frequently but I hate crowds with a passion.

As kids, my sisters and I got the Mickey Mouse ears with our names on the back (and thank god because it stopped fights cold) and that was IT. Disney wasn't nearly as commercialized way back when. We also didn't dare whine or throw tantrums, my dad threatened to cut short our holiday at the first sign of bad behavior and we knew he'd do it.

My goodness, they have so many ways to pay for things. I did give my niece and nephew Disney Dollars as stocking stuffers one year for Christmas, more as a novelty. My niece loved hers so much she squirreled it away and saved it.

---------- Post added 11-10-2014 at 05:08 ----------

Well as a comparison the CHEAPEST admission price for Two Adults and Two Children (3-11) at Paris is over $300

That thunk is the sound of my jaw hitting the floor. You really have to love Disney to pay those prices.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-29503360

Seems that after a decade or more of making huge profits, customer numbers are plummeting and Disneyland Paris is now losing money.

Are you surprised/saddened/indifferent?

Have have your experiences of the resort been good, or otherwise? Please share.

Was always a huge risk

Where are all the kids going instead I wonder?

when there were only two of them the Florida one used to be called DisneyWORLD whereas the original California Disney was DisneyLAND. And don't forget the Hong Kong Disneyland which opened in 2005. Everybody that goes there that has been to the American ones says how small it is.

The original Disneyland which opened in 1955 in Anaheim, California was considered to be big for it's time. Back then Anaheim was a small town surrounded by thousands of acres of citrus orchards.

In the almost 60 years since then Anaheim has been built up and developed beyond all recognition. There's no more room for expansion of the park therefore

Maybe it's the food they serve at Disney Paris. I've had some experience of" Les Hamburgers" French style...... pathetic and they're probably grossly overpriced as well.

That's a problem in Europe. The pizzas they sell in Spain are a joke and spaghettis at so called Italian restaurant in London? You'd need a microscope to see the meat balls.

Stingy is hardly the word. When I asked for more sauce and meatballs the waiter said okay but I'd have to pay extra for it :hihi: :hihi: