Should Disneyland Paris be Allowed to Fail?

Maybe it's the food they serve at Disney Paris. I've had some experience of" Les Hamburgers" French style...... pathetic and they're probably grossly overpriced as well.

That's a problem in Europe. The pizzas they sell in Spain are a joke and spaghettis at so called Italian restaurant in London? You'd need a microscope to see the meat balls.

Stingy is hardly the word. When I asked for more sauce and meatballs the waiter said okay but I'd have to pay extra for it :hihi: :hihi:

Well a trip to the nearest Heinz ketchup outlet would probably use his time...after all, times money, monies time huh? Or simply not used to gluttony.

Maybe it's the food they serve at Disney Paris. I've had some experience of" Les Hamburgers" French style...... pathetic and they're probably grossly overpriced as well.

That's a problem in Europe. The pizzas they sell in Spain are a joke and spaghettis at so called Italian restaurant in London? You'd need a microscope to see the meat balls.

Stingy is hardly the word. When I asked for more sauce and meatballs the waiter said okay but I'd have to pay extra for it :hihi: :hihi:

Ikea meatballs are jolly decent.

I got 16 balls on my plate and it weren't even a large portion. Gravys crap though.:D

Too expensive by far. Took my two sons to Disneyland years ago. For them, my wife and self the admission came to just over 100 dollars and then there was the food and drinks on top of that. End of day it came to near two hundred dollars. Just too much for 8 hours
I took the wife and 3 boys to DisneyWorld years ago. We stayed in Orlando off site and ate out. Had a good time, and the boys now take our grandkids there. But I'm done. Too bloody tiring. Though I still like some of the other things in the area.

---------- Post added 11-10-2014 at 17:09 ----------

Alton Towers tickets are £49 on the gate - for 1 adult ticket.

$100s for four is a bargain!

A hundred bucks would be a bargain if they paid it me to come.

---------- Post added 11-10-2014 at 17:11 ----------

Isn't butlins pretty much the same? And it's closer and cheaper?
It's not remotely like Butlins.

They should have built Disneyland in the South of France, where the weather is much warmer.

Angel!.

Anheuser-Busch/Universal opened Portaventura in Spain in 1995 and that failed, so the weather is no guarantee of success. The park now appears to be doing okay with new investors. Universal never seriously targeted the UK, I don't know why. But the new investors are, and Russia too. The customers seem split 50% Spanish, and the rest equally UK/French/Russian.

When Eurodisney was planned, many people argued that it should be built in the UK. Okay, the weather would not be any better than Paris but the Brits are much better employees/customers of this sort of entertainment than the French.

France was always the worst place to put it.

Anheuser-Busch/Universal opened Portaventura in Spain in 1995 and that failed, so the weather is no guarantee of success. The park now appears to be doing okay with new investors. Universal never seriously targeted the UK, I don't know why. But the new investors are, and Russia too. The customers seem split 50% Spanish, and the rest equally UK/French/Russian.

When Eurodisney was planned, many people argued that it should be built in the UK. Okay, the weather would not be any better than Paris but the Brits are much better employees/customers of this sort of entertainment than the French.

For gods sake man..don't say that, some young Disney wizzkid may be reading your words as you type. Just think of your soul if they followed up. :D

Breaking news...They've just opened one up in Cholistan Desert, Pakistan

Edited by ronthenekred

For gods sake man..don't say that, some young Disney wizzkid may be reading your words as you type. Just think of your soul if they followed up. :D

I don't think anything north of the M25 was considered at the time.

How about this though ... half in Sheffield with a monorail to Donetsk?

Well a trip to the nearest Heinz ketchup outlet would probably use his time...after all, times money, monies time huh? Or simply not used to gluttony.

Yeah I know. Spaghetti Sheffield style. Lots of Ketchup, Still it's foreign and a change from tripe and onions.

---------- Post added 12-10-2014 at 00:21 ----------

Cos the weather's lousy. Much worse than Paris or France for that matter

The original Disneyland which opened in 1955 in Anaheim, California was considered to be big for it's time. Back then Anaheim was a small town surrounded by thousands of acres of citrus orchards.

In the almost 60 years since then Anaheim has been built up and developed beyond all recognition. There's no more room for expansion of the park therefore

I hear you Harley, you might have thought the Disney Corporation would have had enough clout to tell Anaheim to just deal with it.

but they didn't they went to Florida to expand instead.

I hear you Harley, you might have thought the Disney Corporation would have had enough clout to tell Anaheim to just deal with it.

but they didn't they went to Florida to expand instead.

Florida has a very nice sunny climate. Being on the east coast it attracts visitors from New York, Boston and the well populated eastern seaboard. It's also much less flying time from Europe to Florida than to California

---------- Post added 12-10-2014 at 01:19 ----------

I took the wife and 3 boys to DisneyWorld years ago. We stayed in Orlando off site and ate out. Had a good time, and the boys now take our grandkids there. But I'm done. Too bloody tiring. Though I still like some of the other things in the area.

---------- Post added 11-10-2014 at 17:09 ----------

A hundred bucks would be a bargain if they paid it me to come.

---------- Post added 11-10-2014 at 17:11 ----------

It's not remotely like Butlins.

My wife went a few times as a kid. I went once with our two kids. Once was enough. Didn't like the long lines although some of the attractions were good like Pirates of the Caribbean.... the old New Orleans haunted mansion and Space Mountain ride.

I found Universal Studios to be far more interesting and then we also have Knotts Berry Farm and Six Flags Magic Mountain. Just down the coast in S.D there's Sea World

---------- Post added 12-10-2014 at 01:29 ----------

Ikea meatballs are jolly decent.

I got 16 balls on my plate and it weren't even a large portion. Gravys crap though.:D

I haven't eaten spaghetti in donkeys years. I used to eat it quite often when living in Montreal, Canada. It was smothered in sauce, loads of meat balls and came with a couple of big slices of garlic bread.

Canada was quite a gastronomical education after newly arriving from the UK.

One thing I always remember were the T-bone steaks, Couldn't believe how big they were, served on a wooden platter, side order of fries, bred rolls and coffee..... 5 dollars plus a tip for the waitresses. Still had change out of a ten dollar bill .... aye lad... going back a bit theer though an' all

Edited by Harleyman