Should Disneyland Paris be Allowed to Fail?

Oversized steaks, chips, bread rolls and coffee sound like just about the worst meal imaginable from your body's point of view. Too much protein and fat, too many refined carbs, no complex carbs, very little fibre.

If you only eat a meal like that every so often, it wouldn't matter (except that it might make you constipated). But the scary thing is that there are people out there for whom such fare is normal:gag:

Oversized steaks, chips, bread rolls and coffee sound like just about the worst meal imaginable from your body's point of view. Too much protein and fat, too many refined carbs, no complex carbs, very little fibre.

If you only eat a meal like that every so often, it wouldn't matter (except that it might make you constipated). But the scary thing is that there are people out there for whom such fare is normal:gag:

This was 1965. I was 20 something and as fit as a fiddle. People smoked and drank liberally. Carb was what auto mechanics called carburetors. The drug scene was still 3 years away.

Nowadays I wouldn't dream of living on a diet like that. I eat a BBQ steak about 3 times a year, veggies a and a fruit serving every day, daily exercise of one sort or another but I still like my daily cup of Java. Nothing will change me from that :)

You probably aren't that old enough to remember what the food was like in Britain at one time. Bacon and eggs for breakfast almost every day. Bangers , mash and eggs at the corner caff, deep fried fish and chips and sugar loaded pies and cakes for dessert. The meat servings in restaurants were meagre. As for ordering a T-bone steak in any British restaurant, forget it. That was for the rich only.

Edited by Harleyman

Florida has a very nice sunny climate. Being on the east coast it attracts visitors from New York, Boston and the well populated eastern seaboard. It's also much less flying time from Europe to Florida than to California

---------- Post added 12-10-2014 at 01:19 ----------

My wife went a few times as a kid. I went once with our two kids. Once was enough. Didn't like the long lines although some of the attractions were good like Pirates of the Caribbean.... the old New Orleans haunted mansion and Space Mountain ride.

I found Universal Studios to be far more interesting and then we also have Knotts Berry Farm and Six Flags Magic Mountain. Just down the coast in S.D there's Sea World

---------- Post added 12-10-2014 at 01:29 ----------

I haven't eaten spaghetti in donkeys years. I used to eat it quite often when living in Montreal, Canada. It was smothered in sauce, loads of meat balls and came with a couple of big slices of garlic bread.

Canada was quite a gastronomical education after newly arriving from the UK.

One thing I always remember were the T-bone steaks, Couldn't believe how big they were, served on a wooden platter, side order of fries, bred rolls and coffee..... 5 dollars plus a tip for the waitresses. Still had change out of a ten dollar bill .... aye lad... going back a bit theer though an' all

I arrived in May 68, and instantly hated the place. 3 weeks later with a second hand Beetle in the driveway began a love affair with la belle ville which remains to this day. I'd go for lunch at the local tavern for a steak and a Gross Cinquent, LaBatte's big fifty bottled beer. The ladies began to get upset because a tavern was for men only, except a girl was allowed to serve food and beer. They changed the rules by naming some taverns brasseries.