What are your 2 biggest (essential) outgoings after mortgage/rent?

I was just looking at my monthly (or weekly x 4) outgoings. For me food is the highest, and council tax is the second highest on the list. :( Those two are higher than gas, electric, water, diesel, car insurance. Other than your mortgage or rent, what is your top two highest essential outgoings, and how much are they per month?

Unless you retain receipts I suppose you would have to guess. Personally I log everything down, and enter the data every two weeks on to a spreadsheet. I can see at a glance what is going where, and make adjustments accordingly if need be.

I was just looking at my monthly (or weekly x 4) outgoings. For me food is the highest, and council tax is the second highest on the list. :( Those two are higher than gas, electric, water, diesel, car insurance. Other than your mortgage or rent, what is your top two highest essential outgoings, and how much are they per month?

Unless you retain receipts I suppose you would have to guess. Personally I log everything down, and enter the data every two weeks on to a spreadsheet. I can see at a glance what is going where, and make adjustments accordingly if need be.

Council tax, food and drink, going out.

My daughter. (maintenance)

But she's worth it..:)

Aaaaahhhhh. :)

The Mrs and myself put £25 each into our weekly shop at Morrisons.

That covers all food, cleaning agents and the like. Anything left over goes into the Christmas pot and I invest (or waste :hihi:) it on goodies from Marks and Spencers at Christmas.

For many years £20 seemed enough, but prices started rising quite sharply a few years ago and we decided to up that to £25. We were starting to wonder if that was enough, but prices do seem to have stabilized or even dropped a little this last 12 months (Pressure from Aldi and Netto?).

I must be one of the few males who looks forward to supermarket shopping at the weekend. :blush:

Regards

Doom