What are your 2 biggest (essential) outgoings after mortgage/rent?

'Alcocopter®' maintenance for me ... I get through rotor-blades like anyone's business! :gag:

Plus of course, the 1200MW leccy bill, which pretty much keeps Sizewell B fully occupied. Mind you, by only half filling the kettle and keeping the Small Hadron Collider™ just on tickover, I've saved a few bob recently.

Aaaaahhhhh. :)

The Mrs and myself put £25 each into our weekly shop at Morrisons.

That covers all food, cleaning agents and the like. Anything left over goes into the Christmas pot and I invest (or waste :hihi:) it on goodies from Marks and Spencers at Christmas.

For many years £20 seemed enough, but prices started rising quite sharply a few years ago and we decided to up that to £25. We were starting to wonder if that was enough, but prices do seem to have stabilized or even dropped a little this last 12 months (Pressure from Aldi and Netto?).

I must be one of the few males who looks forward to supermarket shopping at the weekend. :blush:

Regards

Doom

My food bill is relatively small. As I get most of my meals free at work.

Although I expect my maintenance payments to increase, if my daughter decides to study /train to be a dentist, when she leaves school next year.

Unemployed so no mortgage/rent/councul tax. My biggest will be sky (£45) . Then mobile £40

I imagine that bridge maintenance will be a large part of your expenditure:rolleyes:

Why is food the highest? Do you not buy your fresh fruit and veg at the market?

Do you cook from scratch? Do you not shop at Lidl's or Aldi's rather than the big 4, especially for meat?

I don't believe the OP asked anyone to judge what people consider essential or what they spend on it.

For me, same as others, council tax and energy bills.

Poppet,

I don’t spend much on fruit-about £2.00 per week from Tesco, usually just bananas and apples, plums/peaches when in season. I eat lots of oats (uncooked) just with milk on, and mixed with other healthy bits and pieces like oatmeal and wheat etc.

I like grilled salmon stakes-maybe two or three times per week-stored in freezer, originally fresh from morrisons . A couple of cooked chickens per week from Tescos for loads of sarnies, if they are reduced to half price.;) One chicken curry from my freezer per week-home made of course (not a trace of salt in it).Make my own chapattis. 36 litres of full-skimmed milk from Aldi lasts me over a month (about 50p per carton).

Rarely buy biscuits or crisps etc. I don’t usually buy red meat, not too bothered about it. Sometimes get cheese, only occasionally as it tends to be quite high in saturated fat content. Occasionally a pack of fish fingers for grilling. Prefer bread cakes to bread. I drink lots of tea though-must keep an eye on that water meter.:)