Sheffield NHS Trust on standby for Ebola patients.

This is crazy, almost as crazy as the British government sending 750 of our troops to Sierrie Leone to "help stop the spread of Ebola", how the **** are they gonna do that?

Stupid politicians. If someone organises a protest about Ebola patients been treated in Sheffield then I will be there!

What? You would protest AGAINST treating people for an infectious disease?

You'd rather it was left to spread?

Are you really that stupid?

---------- Post added 09-10-2014 at 08:03 ----------

A localised outbreak of a disease in west Africa shouldn't be an issue for Sheffield but such is life it potentially is of course. :rolleyes:

It has already spread to Spain, USA and Australia. It is transferred extremely easily. It will almost certainly reach the UK soon.

---------- Post added 09-10-2014 at 08:04 ----------

It is great of the government to task the major city centre hospitals with treating ebola victims. The first person to fall ill there and I will be thinking about setting the place ablaze. The facilites to deal with this kind of thing should be at the bottom of a very deep mine.

I've reported your terrorist threat the police.

Treating people, there's no known cure. Maybe the time and effort (money) should be put into disvovering/ creating an immunisation programme. The only treatment plan I see is isolating the individual and topping them up with fluids to prevent dehydration by that time someone else has got it.

Are you really that stupid?

---------- Post added 09-10-2014 at 08:03 ----------

It has already spread to Spain, USA and Australia. It is transferred extremely easily. It will almost certainly reach the UK soon.

---------- Post added 09-10-2014 at 08:04 ----------

I just dont want them brought to Sheffield!

That's not what Ryder said, is it? Ryder said they were against people being treated in SHEFFIELD, that is quite different.

I hope this is a joke as that would be very silly.

What threat? I see myself an mr average, if I THINK it someone else may actually DO it. Is just a heads up, silly.

(and as for calling me a terrorist you are on my naughty list!)

Edited by SportsTrophy
name calling

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/ebola-virus-outbreak-uk-hospitals-on-standby-as-david-cameron-holds-cobra-meeting-9781193.html

Very reassuring, from the link above,

"Dr Brian McCloskey, director of global health at Public Health England, said: “It is important to remember that for Ebola to be transmitted from one person to another contact with blood or other body fluids are needed. As such, if England was to see a case of Ebola this will not result in an outbreak here.”

Whereas, from the CIDRAP,

"We believe there is scientific and epidemiologic evidence that Ebola virus has the potential to be transmitted via infectious aerosol particles both near and at a distance from infected patients, which means that healthcare workers should be wearing respirators, not facemasks"

http://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2014/09/commentary-health-workers-need-optimal-respiratory-protection-ebola

Well Ive just read the most sensationalist headline to date. Cannot believe that anyone could come up with such a headline given the actual story.

This kind of makes me wonder if were having our plonker pulled a bit by the press

http://uknw.co.uk/britain-in-a-state-of-panic-as-ebola-virus-hits-uk-school/

Edited by Bethsmummy