Ebola - can UK cope in a crisis?

If that's the back bone of your argument, it's extremely unlikely, but not impossible that you're arguing for the sake of arguing. Chances are low, but not zero, that you won't wake up in the morning.

Even if he didn't wake up in the morning, he'd be back in a few weeks under a different identity.

You can't compare what infectious people do in Africa to what people do here in this country, it's two completely different sets of circumstances.

Why not, if an infectious African can walk then any infectious person can walk, and you claimed they could not.

So you are making your judgement based upon the comments of someone who wants to remain anomalous. I'd prefer to know the whole story before passing comment. I guess we have different standards of rigour.

I just choose not to dismiss it as idle gossip, I have seen plenty of panic in my time and people will panic over things nowhere near as bad as Ebola, so it does not surprise me that staff and other patients are claimed to have panicked.

---------- Post added 30-12-2014 at 17:22 ----------

If that's the back bone of your argument, it's extremely unlikely, but not impossible that you're arguing for the sake of arguing. Chances are low, but not zero, that you won't wake up in the morning.

Do you have anything constructive to add, and no it is not the back bone of the argument, but then you have made it very clear that the subject does not interest you.

Do you have anything constructive to add, and no it is not the back bone of the argument, but then you have made it very clear that the subject does not interest you.

Sorry Smithy! I'll leave you to it. Didn't mean to spoil your fun!:hihi:

So you are making your judgement based upon the comments of someone who wants to remain anomalous. I'd prefer to know the whole story before passing comment. I guess we have different standards of rigour.

This doctor who travelled with the infected woman from Sierra Leone isn't anonymous. He has had all the training and seems to think the measures are falling short. He described the screening at Heathrow as 'chaotic' and complained he hadn't even been given the temperature checking equipment needed to test and report each day. He also said that they were all kept in a small room for over an hour and 'if people hadn't been in contact with an infected person before that then had been by the end of it'... doesn't sound like that much of a different scenario to being on a plane from London to Glasgow with an infected person.

I don't get why we are taking the risk. Quarantine them.

This doctor who travelled with the infected woman from Sierra Leone isn't anonymous. He has had all the training and seems to think the measures are falling short. He described the screening at Heathrow as 'chaotic' and complained he hadn't even been given the temperature checking equipment needed to test and report each day. He also said that they were all kept in a small room for over an hour and 'if people hadn't been in contact with an infected person before that then had been by the end of it'... doesn't sound like that much of a different scenario to being on a plane from London to Glasgow with an infected person.

What has that got to do with the case in the Metro upon which I was commenting upon?

Anyway, the gentlemen in question's opinion is interesting I don't think that as a psychiatrist he's qualified to question the governments position, which would have been taken under advice of experts in the field.

---------- Post added 30-12-2014 at 17:55 ----------

I don't get why we are taking the risk. Quarantine them.

Because it's better to base our medicine on evidence rather than fear.