Is it fair to send 700 military personnel to face Ebola in West Africa

It is fairer than sending jets to bomb 'terrorists' that we, as tax payers, were funding no more than 6 months ago. If we don't kerb Ebola now the world is going to roll into a state of panic.

Rather like the terrorists then. If we don't eliminate them the world will come to regret that too. For your information we have never funded IS. But of course you knew that but just wanted a tag line.

I'm just wondering if it's really fair to send our military personnel to Africa to help with the Ebola crisis.

Yes I know they sign up knowing they could be sent to a war zone. But a silent killer like Ebola?

I'm not actually sure what I think....it's all a bit disturbing...What do others think?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-29542129

They should have been sent a long time ago too. If they say Ebola is as bad as they're making out, why have we had to wait until it's a threat to white people? Why wasn't aid sent across sooner? It's like we are quite happy watching the Africans suffer......As soon as a westerner is infected......what a pathetic world we live in!

They should have been sent a long time ago too. If they say Ebola is as bad as they're making out, why have we had to wait until it's a threat to white people? Why wasn't aid sent across sooner? It's like we are quite happy watching the Africans suffer......As soon as a westerner is infected......what a pathetic world we live in!

It only became a threat to white people because white people went to Africa to help, then they wisely carried it back to other white people. :suspect:

Nope, They should let nature take it's course and stop interfering. Look at the plague, that reached this tiny islands.

it is not a 'tiny little island'. The main island of Britain which contains London and Edinburgh alike, is the 9th largest island in area, in the world.

then there is the island of Ireland, very close by. That alone, is 20th in size, out of all the islands.

I imagine that they will be very careful to make sure the soldiers do not bring it back with them to britain.The scary thing about this virus is the three weeks incubation period.Surely they should not let any of them back until the end of the incubation period after they have been treating patients.Just watching Sky News now and they are reporting cases of ebola in macedonia,france,australia and more cases in the US.A doctor has just been on and says that people who have gone out to help have then panicked when they have thought they have got the symptoms and quite naturally have tried to get on a plane and come home so they can get the best treatment.I cannot begin to imagine the fear and panic you would experience when you think you have contracted a more than likely fatal disease.

Edited by ghost rider

Dont you think its a bit of a coincidence every time we go to war,we get a side show danger ...

we had the bird flu,risin,anthrax and now....Ebola

so whos talking about the war that is escalating fast ?? :)

The BBC news, ITV news, Chanel four news have all talked about both today. :thumbsup:

---------- Post added 09-10-2014 at 19:34 ----------

I imagine that they will be very careful to make sure the soldiers do not bring it back with them to britain.The scary thing about this virus is the three weeks incubation period.Surely they should not let any of them back until the end of the incubation period after they have been treating patients.Just watching Sky News now and they are reporting cases of ebola in macedonia,france,australia and more cases in the US.A doctor has just been on and says that people who have gone out to help have then panicked when they have thought they have got the symptoms and quite naturally have tried to get on a plane and come home so they can get the best treatment.I cannot begin to imagine the fear and panic you would experience when you think you have contracted a more than likely fatal disease.

So they set out to do a good deed and then put everyone on the planet at risk.

The BBC news, ITV news, Chanel four news have all talked about both today. :thumbsup:

---------- Post added 09-10-2014 at 19:34 ----------

So they set out to do a good deed and then put everyone on the planet at risk.

Rest of the planet?! You can only contract Ebola via a direct fluid transfer.