Cycle riders and licence plates

I know this question wasn't to me, but as far as I'm concerned, if anything moves fast on the roads, it's a good idea for it to be insured.

I agree having third party insurance is a good idea and there are a few cycle clubs that offer insurance as part of their membership so that is one way to go. If that's not for you, there is a full range of insurance available at a reasonable cost and I'd advise anyone who cycles to get some, if they don't want to potentially lose their house after an accident.

It's the compulsion to have insurance that I don't agree with.

It's a straight fact that cars cause more damage if the situation is identical. Basic laws of physics.

That's why cars need insurance, and cycles and horses and sprinters don't.

---------- Post added 11-10-2014 at 12:01 ----------

Do you see many cyclists on the motorways and main A roads then?

:hihi: What makes you think i only use MWays and A Roads?

So you magically jetison into your car when you leave home and teleport into the shop? Like I said, discussion over :)

Ahh, youre trying to be witty. Sorry i missed it, its been a long time since ive argued with a child.

As my car insurance allows me to drive any car im sure itll cover me for walking to and from it. :thumbsup:

Ahh, youre trying to be witty. Sorry i missed it, its been a long time since ive argued with a child.

As my car insurance allows me to drive any car im sure itll cover me for walking to and from it. :thumbsup:

Nothing witty about it, you however are trying to be dumb and succeeding remarkably well. Now that was witty, although you could interpret it as offensive should you choose so.

:hihi: What makes you think i only use MWays and A Roads?

I don't think you only use them, but I'm guessing that a lot of those miles are on such roads. Am I wrong?

---------- Post added 12-10-2014 at 15:04 ----------

I dont walk i drive everywhere and have fully paid up insurance thanks ;)

You never walk anywhere. Are you the size of a small house then?

I only ask because it's difficult to exercise if you literally never walk and drive everywhere. Perhaps the amount of driving you do is the reason for the bad attitude.

---------- Post added 12-10-2014 at 15:05 ----------

if they don't want to potentially lose their house after an accident.

Out of interest, have you ever heard of this happening?

Or indeed a cyclists having to pay any large amount after causing an accident?

Out of interest, have you ever heard of this happening?

Or indeed a cyclists having to pay any large amount after causing an accident?

No but the potential exists for a cyclist to be responsible for paying out a large sum of money. For example, if they are responsible for an injury that leaves someone needing a package of care afterwards.