Cycle riders and licence plates

In which case pedestrians everyone at all times when in public should have to wear a hi-vis vest emblazoned with their personal ID number. Better yet, tattoo it on everyone's forehead. I'm sure you'll agree to being first in the line... won't you?

Can I use a branding iron instead on him please?

Please?

No good preaching that to me fella..I'm already on board.:thumbsup:

You do understand though that there are those that are so anti cyclist that they would cut off their own noses in spite by funding the cost. :hihi:

Yep, it certainly seems that way from some of the ignorant bile that they spew on here.

I don't get it. They are apparently so full of hate and ignorance that they don't understand that forcing cyclists into their cars will increase congestion.

Or perhaps it's just that misery loves company, and they can't stand the fact that someone else doesn't have to queue.

What next though (if they could ever get their childish way), stop people running to work because they also don't have to pay or queue! (Although I did get rather wet this morning).

I wonder if it's the thought of any physical exertion that pricks their asymmetrical backsides?

Running to work doesn't count, the pavement isn't their territory, only the road and car

Territorial markings as a predictor of driver aggression and road rage.

"Aggressive driving may occur when social norms for defending a primary territory (i.e., one's automobile) become confused with less aggressive norms for defending a public territory (i.e., the road). Both number of territory markers (e.g., bumper stickers, decals) and attachment to the vehicle were significant predictors of aggressive driving. Mere presence of a territory marker predicts increased use of the vehicle to express anger and decreased use of adaptive/constructive expressions."

Stay away from a man who relieves himself on his car..he'll be marking. :D

I wonder if it's the thought of any physical exertion that pricks their asymmetrical backsides?

Running to work doesn't count, the pavement isn't their territory, only the road and car

Territorial markings as a predictor of driver aggression and road rage.

"Aggressive driving may occur when social norms for defending a primary territory (i.e., one's automobile) become confused with less aggressive norms for defending a public territory (i.e., the road). Both number of territory markers (e.g., bumper stickers, decals) and attachment to the vehicle were significant predictors of aggressive driving. Mere presence of a territory marker predicts increased use of the vehicle to express anger and decreased use of adaptive/constructive expressions."

Stay away from a man who relieves himself on his car..he'll be marking. :D

I do have to cross the road though, and many of the traffic lights exist so that pedestrians can unreasonably interrupt the journeys of motorists.

No, I did originally say in post #33 that the rucksack covers come in different sizes to match the size of the rucksack. It is not one size fits all. And depending on amount of stuff I'll have to carry to work will depend upon what bag i use.

Also, when i want to go on a long ride on a hot summer day, I'll not be wearing a backpack and it'll be too hot to wear a high vis. vest over my jersey.

Yeah, all covered in #26 and #37.

The only thing that would really have to conform to any regulation would be the size and possibly font of the digits, how they are displayed wouldn't really matter.

In #26 I gave a link to what's basically a hi-viz string vest, which would add no extra layer of insulation to trap heat. You wouldn't even need that, though. All you would need is the number, how you wear it is up to you.

It coud be a patch, a sash, a vest, a light bib, a hoody, a poncho, bits of string, animal skin, staples, etc.

In post #37 I explained how it's not a rucksack cover as we know them, it doesn't have to be made of anything thick that has to keep rain out, all it has to do is display the identification number.

We put a man on the moon, we have one size fits all garments. We have the technology to make something simple, cheap and stretchy to display a number on your bag.

Again, it doesn't have to be a cover, you could display the number any way you wanted (within whatever regulations are put in place).

I say lets have licence plates for

cyclists

pedestrians

skateboards

mobility scooters

babys' prams

walking sticks

kids scooters

childrens' dinky toy cars

wheelbarrows

anyone who dares look at a road, even if confined inside

We all should be having plates now for even writing or thinking about roads

I say lets have licence plates for

cyclists

pedestrians

skateboards

mobility scooters

babys' prams

walking sticks

kids scooters

childrens' dinky toy cars

wheelbarrows

anyone who dares look at a road, even if confined inside

We all should be having plates now for even writing or thinking about roads

You are being silly now, not everyone of those needs plates, if I remember correctly my dinky toy cars came with number plates.

Yep, it certainly seems that way from some of the ignorant bile that they spew on here.

I don't get it. They are apparently so full of hate and ignorance that they don't understand that forcing cyclists into their cars will increase congestion.

Or perhaps it's just that misery loves company, and they can't stand the fact that someone else doesn't have to queue.

What next though (if they could ever get their childish way), stop people running to work because they also don't have to pay or queue! (Although I did get rather wet this morning).

Ha i wish i had a choice, most people cycle because there is no alternative, you are very lucky to have that choice of getting into your warm dry personnel transport. these last few days have been miserable for me and others. getting soaked to the skin, then putting up with cars drivers who pretend not to see you and and either force you into the kerb or pull out straight in front of you. even though your have hiviz vest on , front and rear FLASHING LIGHTS. what is it going to take for cars drivers to give us a break???

Yeah, all covered in #26 and #37.

The only thing that would really have to conform to any regulation would be the size and possibly font of the digits, how they are displayed wouldn't really matter.

In #26 I gave a link to what's basically a hi-viz string vest, which would add no extra layer of insulation to trap heat. You wouldn't even need that, though. All you would need is the number, how you wear it is up to you.

It coud be a patch, a sash, a vest, a light bib, a hoody, a poncho, bits of string, animal skin, staples, etc.

In post #37 I explained how it's not a rucksack cover as we know them, it doesn't have to be made of anything thick that has to keep rain out, all it has to do is display the identification number.

We put a man on the moon, we have one size fits all garments. We have the technology to make something simple, cheap and stretchy to display a number on your bag.

Again, it doesn't have to be a cover, you could display the number any way you wanted (within whatever regulations are put in place).

I'm guessing that under your idea I'll have to carry some form of ID as well, so the police could match the cyclist with the number,. The police will also have to check cyclists regularly to stop the temptation to carry someone else's number.