Break away in the UK without Christmas

This is probably a strange request but I'm looking to see if anyone has any ideas as to where I can look for a short break away over Christmas but without having everything that goes along with "christmas".

I'm wanting to stay in the UK but without having to travel too far from the Sheffield/South Yorkshire aresa.

If anyone can help or suggest somewhere to look it would be appreciated.

Many thanks :)

You'll be lucky!

Maybe deepest darkest Scotland

Not sure you'll find anywhere in the UK unless it's totally isolated, only house for miles in any direction. Nobody actually forces you to celebrate it though. There are probably a few curry houses, etc open on Christmas Day if you don't want turkey, even in Sheffield. You're not going to be forced to sit & eat Christmas dinner with a party hat on if you come to Sheffield, so don't worry.

Edited by anywebsite

This is probably a strange request but I'm looking to see if anyone has any ideas as to where I can look for a short break away over Christmas but without having everything that goes along with "christmas".

I'm wanting to stay in the UK but without having to travel too far from the Sheffield/South Yorkshire aresa.

If anyone can help or suggest somewhere to look it would be appreciated.

Many thanks :)

I know a bloke who goes fishing for 2 weeks just to avoid xmas, just him and a Bivvi. Such a nice bloke aswell, just doesnt like xmas.

You have to admire him sometimes, avoids all the stress that goes with xmas, im sure we would all like to eject from the festive stress at some point.