Congratulations to Malala Yousafzai and Kailash Satyarthi

Why?:suspect:

why not?

You mean like the freeloaders you presently follow and bow to?

who would they be?

No, she set her self up by speaking...that's why she was gunned down..duh!

do some research before you start your usual halfwitted over emotional rants.

she didn't set herself ,she was set up by ngo's and her father she hasn't actually done anything. She wrote a blog for the BBC when she was 12 thanks to her father's connections, then she got shot for it. Subsequent to this, she was appropriated by the west and specifically the UN as a mouthpiece for their agenda. Now, I'm not saying their agenda for universal/gender-equal education is a bad one, I'm just saying that Malala hasn't actually done anything. She's flown around the world and given speeches and she'd become the western establishment/media's poster child for educational rights, but through know work or actual action of her own

Our gain, their loss.

our loss ( to the tax payer)

Yeah, we know that and so does she..she had the lead in her head as proof...that's why she's making a stand.

Anything else positive to add?

The prize should not be awarded symbolically.

It should be awarded for actual work, sustained effort, and for results.

Giving it to a precocious teenager denigrates the selfless work being carried out by hundreds of thousands of worthy people around the world who don't have a Twitter account.

have you got anything positive to add?

The prize should not be awarded symbolically.

It should be awarded for actual work, sustained effort, and for results.

Giving it to a precocious teenager denigrates the selfless work being carried out by hundreds of thousands of worthy people around the world who don't have a Twitter account.

have you got anything positive to add?

She has taken the misfortune of being shot in the head by extremists and turned it into an opportunity to educate and promote woman and children's rights.

More than I expect most of us could manage.

Brave and inspiring.

Attitudes like Johncocker's are all that's wrong with people today. All fear and no love!

you got any love for the other two girls who were shot at the same time.?

I doubt you even know they existed.

their fathers were more interested in protecting their daughters. So they shed the fame, fortune and government contracts out of fear and love.

You see THIER father did not run the local PRIVATE schools..

emotionally , immature, bleeding heart attitudes like yours are whats wrong with alot of people today

---------- Post added 12-10-2014 at 14:03 ----------

She has taken the misfortune of being shot in the head by extremists and turned it into an opportunity to educate and promote woman and children's rights.

Brave and inspiring.

as she really ,then it will be interesting to hear what Ms Yousafzai says in her acceptance speech in December. I do hope that she will include a lot of explicit criticism of what goes on in Saudi Arabia regarding the oppression of women and girls and the greed and materialism of its rulers.

I also hope that she will not be referring to Benazir Bhutto, the shawl of whom she wore at the United Nations in July 2013. After all, it does have to be said that an awful lot of schools for poor children could have been built in Pakistan with one small fraction of the fortune that the Bhutto family appropriated to itself, at the expense of the Pakistani people, during the era of their political ascendancy. I dare say that I shall be disappointed, but let no one say that these matters were not raised by someone.

I haven't heard anything genuinely intelligent come out of her mouth, just received opinion.

btw/

Worshiping youth is decadent.:D

---------- Post added 12-10-2014 at 14:05 ----------

The Noble Peace Prize is a load of crap. What's so peaceful about it? Are any of you aware of who has be awarded it in the past.

Apart from that, this girl is very brave. Like many others around the world.

apart from being the consolation prize for getting shot in the head

Brave and inspiring.

Totally agree Stranza

And Malala's fearlessness would give hope to girls that would otherwise have been too scared to fight for their education and their futures

And she made the taliban look like complete idiotic imbeciles, frightened of little girls :thumbsup:

you got any love for the other two girls who were shot at the same time.?

I doubt you even know they existed.

their fathers were more interested in protecting their daughters. So they shed the fame, fortune and government contracts out of fear and love.

You see THIER father did not run the local PRIVATE schools..

emotionally , immature, bleeding heart attitudes like yours are whats wrong with alot of people today

I'm not looking at this emotionally and I certainly don't have an immature, bleeding heart. I'm open minded, loving and caring.

• 8 months later...