English immigration .

It seems as though every time we read the newspapers we are informed that another Hollywood film star or Russian gangster has upped sticks and moved to a stockbroker belt in Surrey or Berkshire.

This has set me wondering ! Is all that is required to move into England that you be rich and famous as it seems as though there are thousands of people trying to get into our Country who are poor and desperate but have every thing imaginable to prevent them put into their path.

Edited by dafodil

It seems as though every time we read the newspapers we are informed that another Hollywood film star or Russian gangster has upped sticks and moved to a stockbroker belt in Surrey or Berkshire.

This has set me wondering ! Is all that is required to move into England that you be rich and famous as it seems as though there are thousands of people trying to get into our Country who are poor and desperate but have every thing imaginable to prevent them put into their path.

Seems alright to me, providing they don't have criminal records .

We definitely need more poor immigrants, we have a big issue regarding too man houses and too little people to fill them and our crime rate is suspiciously low

Yeah, because we dont have enough "poor" immigrants flooding in putting a strain on the NHS , housing and the benefits system and taking advantage of our generosity / stupidity .

Yeah, because we dont have enough "poor" immigrants flooding in putting a strain on the NHS , housing and the benefits system and taking advantage of our generosity / stupidity .

And paying extortionate rents to greedy landlords who are generous to a T.

I've no problem with the wealthy coming here as long as they stay within the law.

Those with money will contribute to the wealth of the country by the amount they spend on their extravagant life styles.

Each time they spend hundreds of pounds eating out in a restaurant, not only will they be paying to keep people in jobs, they'll also be contributing VAT to the Government coffers.

They'll probably have private healthcare and private education for their kids, therefore not taking out of the countries coffers.

Compare that to someone coming from Romania or Somalia who has no money and no education.....They'll be after free housing, free schooling for their kids and taking advantage of the NHS, without contributing anything into the pot.

I know which one I'd prefer to see coming into this country.

Regards

Doom

If it wasn't for immigrants the NHS would be severly understaffed.